News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

South / mid Wales meeting

Started by daveb, April 18, 2010, 08:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

went out for a day with some Triumph members.
started off 11ish Llandovery cafe, from there llyn brianne, then Devils stair case omg what a road. then stopped in a cafe near Rhayader.

Llyn brianne

I left the others and rode home via Builth Wells. unfortunately I saw police and air ambulance attending a RTA involving a motorcycle, on the road between Rhayader and Builth, didn't look good, the rotar on the helicopter were static and they were working on the causilty.

After that I had a sombre ride home, I stopped at Cray Resivoir to stretch my legs.

I have got some video taken riding along Devils staircase, its a large file 2GB, I will upload it to my photobucker account as share it.

Sin_Tiger

Nice, thanks. Friend used to own the Church Manse in Rhayader, moved to Bryneglwys, hope to go visit him sometime soon just so that I have an excuse to ride over Horseshoe pass  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

ST, keep in touch when you plan doin' this - I have plenty of time on my hands these days just waiting for an excuse to ride.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

This is the video of the bit I didn't like on the Devils staircase, very tight hairpins on a 25% decline. the rest of the ride was excellent, I need to break down the video into 500mb to post it, original video 2MB 1 hour long.

Apologies for the Textile in frame I mounted the camera to the rear foot peg.

Nick Calne

Often used to take the road from Rhayader to Builth in the car and I saw so many people come off their bike, bike's down, bits of fairing on the road etc.  I always got the feeling that they are coming from England and heading to the bike meet in Aberystwyth and weren't used to the Welsh roads.  The black and white sharp turn chevrons sign really means 'sharp turn' in Wales I find, and it's a fair old way to Aber - you need to keep your concentration up if you are going fast.

Once saw a blue cbr600 there that had some how speared itself on a wooden pole.  Like a sort of honda kebab....Hopefully the rider was thrown clear / ok...

That said it's a bloody brilliant riding / driving road isn't it?  Haven't ever ridden it yet.  Always wanted to ride it.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

daveb

I agree with you Nick, the greater the white, the greater the danger

Here are three approx 3 minutes long each. they might not be in correct order.

Sin_Tiger

That was one gnarley looking hairpin, nearer a 3 pt turn  :shock: the Alps are for girls  :wink: nice boots btw  :lol:

Don't worry BB, first whiff of a plane ticket without any ash on it I'll be posting quicker than you can say Login :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

the boots are Sidi courier, very comfy. that Hairpin, if you pause the vid and look at the crash barrier dissapearing to the bottom right.
its at one hell of an angle

Sin_Tiger

Yup I spotted that  :shock: Good quality video, so clear you can make out individual trees against the background and gravel on the corners.