News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any Tiger riders in London/South East England?

Started by BP_LONDON, August 24, 2004, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

I'd like to go on rideouts with people in the London/southeast region now that I have my Tigger....only thing is I RARELY see Tigers in and around London, and when I do they are gone too quickly for me to even attempt a hello :D :( I popped down to Brighton on the weekend, only to see a gazillion R1's and gixxers everywhere, but very few monster traillies (no tiggers). Guess their habitat is somewhere else then???

As soon as I stopped for a bite to eat a guy and his kid approached the bike and looked at it admiringly...he asked me some questions about it. It's quite flattering how many looks this bike gets, and how intimidating it's mere looks can be to pedestrians :twisted:

Are there any planned rides around september, or is the UK biking season over? Hopefully I will be exploring around on my bike even when it's raining this winter.

Badger

I have been thinking the same thing. When I rode VFRs we were always getting together and I still join them sometimes. Let's organise some rideouts or get togethers. I live in Basingstoke and don't mind travelling to meet up with people.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

Chris Canning

Hi BP

If thats you your kind of thing,have a look at the UK part of the Yahoo site they do quite a few ride outs.

Robie who comes on here from time to time did one earlier on this year which was very good,i just find it makes me nervous rideing with strangers,you never know what their going to do when the shit hits the fan!!!,it's also a shock to see the difference in rideing ability.

Chris

newmanr19

that sounds odd. My dealer told me that in England, the Tiger outsells all other Triumphs except for the ST and RS

was he selling me a crock?

personally I like the uniqueness of it - I too get stares, questions and praises all the time.

PaulBerg

I'm near Guildford. I take a ride out to Box Hill every now and again but don't see Tigers.

I'm up for a ride out. Out of the country for two weeks but after that is fine.

Paul

SIBBO

Hi BP

I have been following your journey on this site so far and thought i would drop you a line as we ar'nt a million miles away from each other geographically.

I live in Staines and like you the sight of a tiger is like spotting rocking horse do do .

The similaritys in our history are striking!! ,i passed my das in early june and decided the tiger was for me so i set about hunting down a worthy trophy,it just so happened that on ebay was a 2002 tiger in roulette green with only 4600 miles on her starting at £3800 on the bids,long story short i paid £4100 and picked it up on the friday after passing the das on the monday.

Some may say that going straight in at the top end ie 955ccs is a bit reckless but you all know what its like when you just gotta have it.

After nearly three months i just love it ,and all my mates and work pals with those hunched over type machines cant believe how these things go,we have monthly ride outs from work and they aint leavin me behind!!!!!! :D

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Hi BP

I have been following your journey on this site so far and thought i would drop you a line as we ar'nt a million miles away from each other geographically.

I live in Staines and like you the sight of a tiger is like spotting rocking horse do do .

The similaritys in our history are striking!! ,i passed my das in early june and decided the tiger was for me so i set about hunting down a worthy trophy,it just so happened that on ebay was a 2002 tiger in roulette green with only 4600 miles on her starting at £3800 on the bids,long story short i paid £4100 and picked it up on the friday after passing the das on the monday.

Some may say that going straight in at the top end ie 955ccs is a bit reckless but you all know what its like when you just gotta have it.

After nearly three months i just love it ,and all my mates and work pals with those hunched over type machines cant believe how these things go,we have monthly ride outs from work and they aint leavin me behind!!!!!! :D

Staines is not too far away at all. I must say that I am totally in love with the bike also, and it although 955 is a lot  - the bike does not feel like it is too much to handle.  I can ride it as slow as my scooter when I want to, and pass cars doing 70 in the blink of an eye - it simply requires a rather large amount of self control.  I've only had it for a week or so now, but it has actually surpassed my expectations. Lets organise to meet up sometime and go for a ride....any more London/SE tigger riders want to come along?

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "PaulBerg"I'm near Guildford. I take a ride out to Box Hill every now and again but don't see Tigers.

I'm up for a ride out. Out of the country for two weeks but after that is fine.

Paul

Cool, lets talk again when you're back then!

SIBBO

Yes i have to agree.... i find that the bike does not require you to ride it hard ,you can just tootle along but you know its there should you need it ,or if any four wheeled boy racers think they will give it a go.

I am not available for a longish ride out for a couple of weeks but i know a nice route down to Brighton looping round and up to box hill for brekkie on a Sunday morning when im "online" again.

A nice place to meet for us tiggers around here is newlands corner which is about 3-4 miles off the A3 surrey on the road to shere,theres quite a few bikers out on a saturday afternoon anyone fancy a cuppa and a get to know each other this sat afternoon ?

Badger

Apart from being on holiday between the 10th and 24th September I am available most weekends or even a good evening.

Bob

pauljones1227

I live in Middlesex and ride into the west end everyday, I never see any Tigers at all, apart from a black one In the parking bay occasionally.

Where are they all hiding ??

New-Tiger

I also passed my test in June and went and got an 05 silver Tiger. I live in east London and would be interested in meeting other owners. I've already been to Lands End and rode my Dutch girlfriend home to Holland. I've done 3 thousand miles so far and love the bike more and more each day. Which coincidentally is the exact opposite to my feelings towards my girlfriend......Only kidding! The ride just gets better and better. As for the bike.......

SIBBO

Hey all you london and south east tiggers,

i have been looking on the ace cafe site (notrh circ)and they do meets every month which could be just what we are looking for!

3rd monday of every month is supermoto trail and enduro night

2nd wednesday of every month is triumph night

This could be our ideal chance to make a night of it.... what do you think and shall we make it a date :?:

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Hey all you london and south east tiggers,

i have been looking on the ace cafe site (notrh circ)and they do meets every month which could be just what we are looking for!

3rd monday of every month is supermoto trail and enduro night

2nd wednesday of every month is triumph night

This could be our ideal chance to make a night of it.... what do you think and shall we make it a date :?:
]

Excellent SIBBO. lets go and check it out!

Badger

Bu66er. My second Wednesday of every month is already booked. :x

Bob