News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Leather tank cover

Started by 60stonuptype, May 05, 2010, 04:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60stonuptype

I recently saw a picture of a 955 Tiger with a leather tank cover, similar to the cover I had on my old Velocette about a hundred years ago.  The cover was decorated with the same"scratch marks" as are painted on the "as delivered" tanks and had attachment points for a tank top bag.  Does anybody have any idea where these might be obtained from??

Thanks in advance

Sin_Tiger

Depends where you are?

Guessing that having owned a Velo that you are more likely to be UK based.

Try Bagster French but with worldwide distributors, I think this is the one you want, in your own colour / color  :wink:

Oh and if you've just got your Girly and are joining in, welcome  :occasion14
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

greg

I have a bagster tank cover (the proper term is 'tank bra' by the way) with tank bag. I find the tank bag fouls the bars on full lock, nothing serious but it does blow the horn, which can be a surprise when in the middle of a tight u-turn  :o .
2004 Girly.

Mustang

the downside to the bagster tank covers is that if you live on or ride on a lot of dry dusty dirt roads .........don't be shocked to find that your nice shiny gas tank isn't so shiny anymore when you take the cover off ! :shock:

Sin_Tiger

+1 you'll need to remove it and clean it before giving it a serious waxing at least once a year.

Bagster tank bags didn't work for me, I use an SW-Motech quick lock bag and it's good with bar clearance.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint