News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of a newer Tiger

Started by EvilBetty, May 05, 2010, 08:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

I've got my eye on a 2007 ABS, about 15 hours from here.  I've negotiated a price of $7200, and found a one way ticket for $186.00

The bike has about 7500mi on it.  It has had the head, pistons, sleeves, and rings replaced due to the piston recall of the early 2007's.  Bike was burning oil and on inspection the sleeves were scored.

It's well farkled out.  ABS, heated grips, hand gaurds, Vario screen, center stand, TOR exhaust, aftermarket top box. It would need panniers and a tank bag.

But I can't commit to it.  I have the money and know I could sell my bike.  But I don't know if I want to or not.  I really don't know what the deal is.  I test drove one last weekend at the Triumph Open House, and loved it!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

chairhead

Quote from: "EvilBetty"But I can't commit to it.  I have the money and know I could sell my bike.  But I don't know if I want to or not.  

Not!,
if you wanted the Roadie that much,you would have gone for it,i dont know how many bikes you have and if you want to keep the Girly?,
i would probably part ex the Girly for a newer Roadie,if you like the idea of having two bikes then the part ex isnt an option........................................or i could be taliking a load of Bollocks :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

What the "Cottage Burner" said, if you have to ask it probably hasn't grabbed your heart.

Much as I'd like to egg you on I couldn't forgive myself if you weren't entirely happy.

The Roadie is fun and a great bike ........ but just not in the same way, how Triumph managed to make a model that "evolved" but yet had completely different character in all three itterations is beyond me and no mean feat.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"What the "Cottage Burner" said,

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser It took me about 7 seconds!.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Thought that was North Wales...  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Thought that was North Wales...  :lol:

"Tounge in cheek"  :oops: glad you have a sense of humor  :thumbsup

Not had a lot of opportunity do put serious miles on the Roadie but each time the fuel light comes on I have had to pinch myself that I had actually covered those miles in the time and in comfort, apart from the not so bad buffeting.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ccherry

i went back and forth for at least couple of months last year before buying the roadie.  bottom line was i don't do off road (gravel is not off road, just unpaved) and i had to have abs, so went with the roadie.  i love it!

the buffeting is a somewhat personal thing, i found the helmet makes a world of difference but screen does contribute (as it does on the girlies).  i run a cee baileys +4.5 euro for winter and a ZG touring for summer.  both are substantially better for me (5'7" ish) than the stocker.  helmets - just went to a shoei rf1100 which is awesome and i also find the kbc vr2r is very stable also, maybe even more than the shoei but it is the loudest i've ever ridden with (including a 3/4 hjc).  the kbc ffr was the most unaerodynamic and the arai profile close behind, although the profile was at least very comfy......

my second ride was for 340 miles so yea, you can do big miles even at break in speeds.  3400 now a year later and have had a very light riding spring due to work and honey do list.  hope to remedy that over rest of the summer..........

good luck with the decision

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "ccherry"due to work and honey do list.  hope to remedy that over rest of the summer..........

Which one  :wink: ?

Honey Do is a new one on me but very apt. :lol:

EvilBetty

Thanks guys... I'm getting ready to commit... but I think I'm holding out for some more stories and another night sleeping on it :)

Sin_Tiger

EvilBetty

Deposit sent.   :roll:

oxnsox

Well done that man... :thumbsup
We'll await the ride/delivery report..  :5moped
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Deposit sent.   :roll:

wooohooooo :eusa_dance

Sin_Tiger

EvilBetty

lol... I don't drive out to pick it up until the 21st.

Until then I'm giving the Girly a long good-bye.   :cry: