News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of a newer Tiger

Started by EvilBetty, May 05, 2010, 08:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"....  Then I70 the rest of the way home. :roll:

Wot?  170 not fast enough for ya??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "EvilBetty"....  Then I70 the rest of the way home. :roll:

Wot?  170 not fast enough for ya??

no bob
I 70 as in Interstate 70 super slab highway ......as in no fun just boring mile munching road

EvilBetty

LOL

Yes... I-70...

Straight flat slab... 70mph... covered in KS State Troopers doing nothing but running radar.  I feel sorry for those guys.  I know they have better things to be doing.  Kansas's #1 revenue generating practice.

That said they never even blinked at us cruising +10 the whole way.

Who's to say the information in that "one pic" wasn't left over from the original owner?  I'll never tell :)

But the other side of the pass where something like that might have been possible was one of the best rides of my life.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"no bob
I 70 as in Interstate 70 super slab highway ......as in no fun just boring mile munching road

Never mind, just a poor attempt at humour  :oops:

We all know that to do a170 you need a 'Bird.... 8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

lol...

The whole trip I saw 3 Bonnie's, 4 Sprint STs, and a T-Bird.

The rest were BMW 650, 800, 1200 GS's, mostly.  Some sport cruises too.  And a bunch of Gold Wings.

And just a couple Hardleys.

Then I got back into Kansas and saw about 4,244 Harleys before I stopped counting.

brad1098

so??? how ya like it?

Loads of power and a very firm suspension.

Oh and a way high seat....which is fine for ya!!!!  8)
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

I'm lovin it.  I'm not sure if the seat is any higher. But it is a hell of a lot easier to back into the garage than the Girly.  Seat may be more narrow at the nose.

Haven't ridden much at night yet, and when I did I was stuck in my tinted visor.  I've heard the headlight on the 1050 is crap.

I took corners on that bike at twice the speed I would have dared on my 955i.  It was probably capable, it just didn't feel as confident... or I didn't as much as I do on the 1050.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I'm lovin it.  

Haven't ridden much at night yet, and when I did I was stuck in my tinted visor.  I've heard the headlight on the 1050 is crap.

Great stuff, except for the dipped beam, main is not bad. Adjusting it will get you a bit more but ultimately it's going to be an HID dipped at least or Aux Fog lamps to stop the buttock clench when you have to dip it in the twisties.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Nice EB, did you go in the Brit car so you could tow it home with the Tiger if you had too..... :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Never mind, just a poor attempt at humour  :oops:

You've got John Cleese worried  :lol:

Quotedid you go in the Brit car so you could tow it home with the Tiger if you had too..... Laughing Laughing

Wot's with the Pom bashing, did one steal your tinnie  :wink:

It's not as bad to move around as I expected, not difficult after a Vara  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

There's always a backup plan...

oxnsox

Crikey chasps, I thought at least 1 of you may have pointed out it wasn't really a British mot'a....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilBetty

We're from the US.  British... German... same same :)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "oxnsox"Crikey chasps, I thought at least 1 of you may have pointed out it wasn't really a British mot'a....

In the same way that Oz doesn't really have a cricket team  :wink:

Sorry for the HJ EB, still having fun  :D

EvilBetty

HJ away... this thread lost it's usefulness after the first few replies :D