News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bags, tank and tail

Started by DragonNester, May 06, 2010, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonNester

I could use some ideas on bags to buy.   Pix would be helpful also.  So, gang can you help me?  Are there soft throw over saddle bags that work with the 2010 Tiger 1050?  I only want them for the occasional light touring I want to do.  The tank bad would probably stay on the bike...so not too large is more desirable.  Will the silencer heat shield keep a saddle bag touching it from over heating?

Thanks for any and all ideas or proven products recommendations.

RB

Oh yeah, I put 300 miles on the bike (breaking it in) and it handles like a dream!!!
Life is just a tire swing
blackberry pickn\'
eatn\' fried chickn\'

ccherry

don't have pics with and currently out of town but.........i run sw motech racks with Givi hard bags and top case.  Bags Connect Engage tank bag on a ring.

welcome to the tiger world.  check out tiger1050.com also as not a lot of roadie traffic on here, although typically great info and folks!

Sin_Tiger

Using Trax 37 L hard boxes. Changed my Can to a Zard to get equal distances by modifying the SW-Motech EVO racks.

Using an SW-Motech City tank bag on the quicklock electric tank ring, bit pricey bit very convenient.

Never seen a Roadie with soft bags, the heat shield on the standard can is cool enough to touch (UK climate) unless you sit in traffic for extended periods.

The Oxford soft bags get good reviews and like other Oxford kit is good value for money and seems to be above average quality, not sure if they are available in the US.

Have a search as there are a lot of threads scattered around the various topics.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

redbirds

Twisted Throttle offers a large tail bag for the Tiger and several tank bag options.
Living vicariously through myself.