News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finished my 1000 miles ride to Colorado!!

Started by Tiger04, May 10, 2010, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger04

Well got my iron butt ride completed at 9:04 pm last night . 1010 miles in 17 hours with 15 of those hours in the saddle. :shock: Left home at 4:10am on a cool morning and never really warmed up upper 50's low 60's. Tiger did great as expected. Had perfect weather for the ride sunny and a little windy. I'll post a better report later. I now get to plan my route back home which is going to be another great ride. :D
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

ackme

Congrats.  :icon_salut

On a rational level I know that I don't want to do an iron butt, however, it is oddly compelling.  

Then again, who said riding had to be rational  :eusa_dance

ack
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

2005 955i Tiger, British Racing Green- plenty of umph

coachgeo

Quote from: "ackme"... who said riding had to be rational  :eusa_dance  ...
:thumbsup
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

BigMark

Good work..

I love those American roads. Over here it takes 19.5 hours to do a 1000miles and you have to circumnavigate England to do an "in country" ride.

European roads however are probably equal in time to the US of A but the fast roads seem to lack the wide open spaces which i really liked through Utah - Nevada & Arizona...

Looking forward to the report and verification 10 miles is only a small margin for error.. Best of luck...

Mark.

Sin_Tiger

Congrats. Bro  :party  :new_all_coholic  

Quote from: "BigMark"you have to circumnavigate England to do an "in country" ride.

Don't like foreign stamps like Scotland and Wales in your passport then :icon_study  :P
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BigMark

I love Scotland... Wales is ok too.. (scotlands better) but the reasonable hotels are always £100.00 per night in the highlands and skye which limits my visit time some.

It's a thing, that's all. I have done a multi country ride and failed at a in country french ride a few weeks back.  I need to do an in country ss ride now  :D

Or i may just blat along the Autobharn to Poland - then on to the Ukraine border - that's 1000 miles and you get the opportunity to dodge bullets, Mafia and maniacs in the Ukraine if the mood takes you..

Sin_Tiger

You must be pretty posh, I manage to find good B&B's for around 30 quid with heart stopping breakfasts  :shock:

I'd love to do Poland having driven around it in the early 90's, wife's father came from Poznan and I have a fondness for the Poles.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BigMark

Never been called posh before...
I am the Formule 1 kid...
Must be me but when i look online i see them for £100.00 but then i do like to go up with my Mr's.. so we have a double room..  

Please feel free to point the way Sir  :D

Bixxer Bob

Mark, rather than hijack this thread completely, I've opened another - B&B Scotland..... worth a look!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Tiger04

I don't mind the extra discussions,hell its about the ride. :eusa_dance  :occasion14
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"