News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lock your Tigers up

Started by Chris Canning, August 28, 2004, 01:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Had this months Bike turn up,see the one of the staffers with a long term Tiger has had it nicked!!!.

Chris

BP_LONDON

Damn, I think anything worth money will be fair game to thieving scum.

For years Bike mag didn't like Tigers or Triumphs. I reckon he "had" it nicked so that wouldn't have to write good things about it.

WildeKurt

Crud,  I was looking forward to that series on the Tiger.  Guess I'll never hear anything good from the press about it.  I bet it's a conspiracy.  But who all is in this?  Bike?  The consortium of motorcycle magazines (CMM)?  The japanese Big Three?  Or is it a euro thing?

I'm not paranoid, really.  

What you looking at?

Really.

Chris Canning

I'm not remotely suprised that it's been nicked go and check the prices for the plastic panels etc,completely bonkers!!!,i've been after a spare body kit to spray silver rather than paint the originals it's taken me months to track a set down,were as Jap stuff is ten a penny and cheap.

Chris

chrisf

I remember in Bike a few issues ago when that tester first got the Tiger and he was saying how great it was to not have to worry about leaving it unlocked etc like the latest sportsbike... :oops:

Drofsereb

Interesting though now that it's been stolen, they've actually published a picture of the new model - until now as far as I could see it was the old one.  Apathy rules it would seem!

Chris Canning

It always does when you don't have to pay for the bike!!!!!

Chris

ChrisN

If they're not replacing it, then they just lost another reader.

That was the only reason I had for buying BIKE.

Personally I prefer TWO.
Chris

Drofsereb

Bike justified leaving the Tiger out of a 'big trailie' test recently because 1. They knew a newer model was coming along and 2. They were having one on long term.  Now what will they do?  The guy who lost the Tiger is inheriting someone else's GS1200....  Do you think we'l hear any more about the Triumph?  Personally I don't go in for all this BMW/Triumph mines better etc, etc stuff.  If you like a bike, buy it -  if you don't - don't.  It's a bit like religion - if you believe in God I can't tell you he doesn't exist.  Equally if you like the BMW better I can't tell you it's rubbish - it's all personal preference, and thank goodness we have such a choice!  The BMW might be the best bike on the planet, but personally I wouldn't pay an extra £3000 for one.  What bugs me though is the lazy and blinkered approach taken by most of the British bike press.  It's easy to say you like the popular bikes, because those are the ones with the largest bands of owners that will buy your product to read about their machine, and I must admit, it's something I've noticed more since I bought the Tiger.

Speaking of TWO, I see they test the Kawasuki KLV 1000 this month. Fine, probably not a bad bike but not for me as it's a twin.  But what do they list as it's main opposition? The V-Strom, the Varadero (both of which score lower in their own ratings than the Tiger) and the BMW! Can a big trailie only be a twin? If thats the argument where's the KTM or Aprilia? AAAARGH

max1198

Have you noticed that there has been no full page Triumph ad in the mag lately? Maybe Triumph are getting a tad bored of them too.

It's nice to see the British Bike Mags supporting a damn good British bike and brand. Look what happened to CCM.

Maybe if we all turned our bars upside down and started wearing harlequin suits it may help.