News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike related

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 14, 2010, 11:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

But not Triumph,  my little Yammy passed it's MOT today!!!  :eusa_dance  :5moped

Now I can get on with sorting the carbs and getting her properly fettled.  I'd forgotten how quick these little bikes were, around 35bhp and weighs only 300lbs (136 kg) which is about half the Tiger.  Mind back in those days I weighed about half what I do now, I was about 90lbs wet through :oops:

Here's a pic here, this is what we used to hoon around on when we were teenagers...

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

man thats a cool bike. your gonna have a ton of fun on that thing :5moped  8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

I wish I still had my first bike ................
It was the year after yours model  a 1973 RD350 with the six speed transmission and reed valves made about 38- 40 hp . had a disc brake too !
cost me all of $873 brand spankin new in 1973 . Wheelie machine for sure , putsome expansion chambers on it and the front wheel never touched the ground until halfway thru fourth gear ....................I sure miss that bike .

oxnsox

Mine was a 75 model.  Began life as a 250 (Learner license restrictrions),  but like a lot of them it morphed to a 350 when I could affford the barrels and pistons from a wrecker.

Only other difference, I think, was the front sprocket so the 250's were slightly geared down... as a 350 with that gearing it'd leave anything at the lights (coughing in the cloud)..... First bike many of us did 'the ton' on.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

After modern bikes like the Tiger and Blackbird - which are both big heavy, imposing machines, this is like doing 70mph on a bicycle  :shock:

...And I have to turn the autolube pump down a bit, it's shimmed to max at the moment and the clouds of smoke are embarrassing  :oops:

It's pulling well though; it's a bit slow to pick up at low revs so I'll be tweaking the pilot screws first, but mid range it pulls cleanly so the needle settings are about right and I've not been anywhere to use full throttle yet so not sure about the main jets although they're standard so should be ok.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Here's a pic here, this is what we used to hoon around on when we were teenagers...

Young whippersnapper! I had to make do with a Francis Barnett Plover.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650