News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coming to terms with my new Tiger

Started by MikeBenzon, August 30, 2004, 05:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeBenzon

I am new to the Tiger, though not to Triumph as I have owned a Sprint ST since May 2000. I brought the new bike home two weekends ago and have over 1700 miles on it so far. I was excited about taking it out on the Forest Service roads in my area as soon as I brought it home. It was everything and more I expected of it on these roads. Today I took it on a sport ride with a friend I rode my Sprint with for several years. Today was to be a test of how much I lost in sportbike riding. What a surprise! The bike was a hoot to ride. I rode three premier sportbike roads here in Northern California, Hwy 299E, Hwy 3 (from 299 to Hwy 36) and Hwy 36. All three of these roads have some real technical areas that are a lot of fun to ride. The Tiger was fantastic with great lean angles, grip and acceleration. I didn't miss the Sprint at all. In fact, I had all the fun I could have had on the Sprint without all the discomfort of the Sprint's sportbike ergos. Here the Tiger was a blast to ride yet I did it all with great comfort. What a super bike, Triumph's best kept secret.

Mike Benzon

Burney CA
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

MikeB

shhhhh, don•t tell everyone, they will all want one!
------------------------------------------------

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

BP_LONDON

echoyankee

Add the hard bags and you can go to the grocery store or camping.  

I can only agree.  

Congrats and here's to many happy miles aboard the Tiger.

Best,

echoyankee

Dennisra12

I have the 05. I'm trying to figure out why I'm having alot of vibration thru the pegs. More like a chain adjustment problem.

I went  to0 dealer and he said ride till 500 mile service and he'd look at it.

When my wife is on the noise/feeling is worse.

other than that , she's a fine bike.
2005 Tiger

1968 Tiger