News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Memorial Day Morning Ride

Started by Hemibee, June 01, 2010, 01:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

As some of the folks here know, I just got me a new bike (new to me) and this time it's street legal.  I haven't had much time to get out and ride it since I picked it up due to Umpiring commitments, moving Alex back to Waco and having to have a doctors appointment to determine if I had a tumor in one or more of my parathyroid glands.  It appears that God took care of the problem and made it only a mineral imbalance and not a tumor.

Now the only problem was that once everything was worked out (the bike was picked up, Alex was back at Waco/Baylor, the MLB Umpire Camp was completed, the doctor's report came back good, all you good folks at Two Wheeled Texans were in Medina or somewhere in-between for the Pie Run) I had to work all weekend.  So when I got home this morning at 0530 I decided it was time to take the "Girly" out for a ride since none of the family was out of bed yet and the temperatures sure felt good.  I wanted to see how she would run if I actually got a chance to take for a ride longer than around the block plus I was getting tired of just going out to the garage and sitting on her making stupid motor sounds.  What made the sounds even worse were the fact I was trying my best to sound like a Triple but just couldn't do it.  It sounded more like a sick bathtub motorboat.

So all suited up in the best gear I have available (denim jacket and blue jeans)  until the big brown truck makes it's appearance later this week, I headed out to hit the roads at 0615

A quick run down FM830 (Farm to Market 830) brings me to last free boat ramp on the lake.  I was hoping to get a good sunrise photo but had to settle for this...

As I was heading back down FM830 I thought about another spot i might be able to get a sunrise photo so I head over Seven Coves to see if I can get a shot near their boat docks and this is what i come up with...

After leaving the docks I headed to the local cemetery to see if they have any flags on the Veteran's graves.  Seeing as this is Memorial Day I wanted to pay my respects to the memory of the Veterans that have passed away.  Well I was a little disappointed as there was only one grave with any attention paid to the person's service.  I thought there was more Veterans buried here, guess I was wrong or their families didn't have any markers on their graves to call my attention to them so I only got this one grave...

Some of the older graves, IIRC this is the Cude Family graves, the family the cemetery is named for...

By this time, "Girly's" juices were flowing and she wanted to run a little so I headed out on the highway and along the way I decided I would stop and get a few of these FM & FR (Farm Road) signs for the Two Wheeled Texans 1-2-3 Farm To Market Roads in Sequential Order Game! web link

Now I just have to remember to get them posted on the FM/FR thread when they come due.

So my ride was just about to come to a close but there was something else I needed to do but just couldn't remember what it was.   Let's see... I wanted this bike so I could travel a few dirt roads and explore what is there and possibly forgotten or was just passed by.  No dirt roads today.  I want to visit some of the older cemeteries in the state and capture a few photos of each.  Ok I've gotten that project started but there was something else I want the bike for, now what was it...   Oh yeah, I want to get some of the FM/FR signs photographed... Got that started too.

I know there was something else I wanted to do with the bike...  

Oh Yeah, I Remember....

Only 253 more Texas County Courthouses to go....  Then I can start on the Louisiana Parish Courthouses...  Now I need to get me a map and start marking the counties (county) that I've completed.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Sin_Tiger

Nice, I know that "couldn't wait" feeling as I suspect we all do.

Nice of them to leave Texas open when they all left  :D  you really had the place to yourself. 8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Let me know when  your hitting Denton county or Collin County or, Grayson county.  I'm in Denton County sorta cornering the other two.

Unfortunately dont have a running bike to ride along with you yet.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)