News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Springfield Mile and TT race

Started by brad1098, June 01, 2010, 05:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Rode up with some friends Saturday to the famed Springfield Mile race.  Only 150 miles from home.  The TT race was Sat. night.  Hotter than hell, still managed to have a good time.  Cooled down to 75 at 11p.m. for the ride back to hotel.

Sunday, on our way to the Mile.  My bike suddenly died in a major intersection.  Some initial checking, figured it was the battery.  5 stores later I had a new battery for the ol' girl.  She fired right up, and were off to the races.  

The races were great, the 450 class stole the show.  Last lap they went into turn 1 at 100mph 3 and 4 wide  :shock:

Heading out of the fairgounds 3 miles, bike dies again.  Time to call for help.  I get a truck heading my direction and do some more investigating.  After initial inspection I believe it is the regulator/rectifier.  No charging.  So now she is home and will sit dead for a week while I go on a Yellowstone vacation!!!

Sorry no pix.  A very cool and recommended event.  Parking lot is like a big bike show.  Two other girlies, one spotless blue 05-06 with Missouri dealer tags.  One roadie. No Steamers!
02 black-Lorna

Tomsblutiger1

Too bad you had to go through all that.  Did your voltmeter give you any advance warning with low voltage?
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue