News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 or 06 ?

Started by jphish, June 09, 2010, 04:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Model years are always confusing, as to when they end the old & start production of the new. Tigers doubly so in the 05-06 range. My build date was 10 / 05 - but pretty sure its an 06 model. (at least the registration sez so) So, is a late or early 06 ?...and when did they start on the 07's ?  I can try to sleuth it out - just neeed a breadcrumb trail to a source. This would appear to be important when ordering parts & such   :?:

Mustang

10/05 would be an early 06 model
triumph is a year ahead on the build dates
my wifes 95 is a build date of 9/94 and they didn't even come into USA until January 95

jphish

Thanks Mustang! I know there were slight differences on early/later 06's, but which ones were significant ? (I guess brake pads are different - good to know when ordering) Wondering if I also have the older byzantine oil breather configuration, pesky fuel tank fittings, 1050 cases or other things to be aware of ? Is there a 'source' to consult ? Actually... I think YOU'RE the source for many of us. j

NKL

If its an 06 model it will have the 1050 crank cases ie no breather pipe out of the front of the generator cover and the clutch cover is smooth (does not have the three dents in it.) It also only has one fuel connection to the tank. As far as I am aware the pads are the same for all post 04 955i's with mag wheels.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

jphish

Thanks NKL - For all indications It appears I definately have the 06. No dents in clutch cover (at least factory 'installed' ones) or hoses from stator cover. TTFN, j

Timbox2

Quote from: "NKL"If its an 06 model it will have the 1050 crank cases ie no breather pipe out of the front of the generator cover and the clutch cover is smooth (does not have the three dents in it.) It also only has one fuel connection to the tank. As far as I am aware the pads are the same for all post 04 955i's with mag wheels.

Ahh, but my 05 model with the old crank cases has the later single fuel pipe :?
2016 Tiger Sport

jphish

Timbox2 - Hmm - thats a good thing I guess ?!  I think if ya got an 06', ya got part 05' & a smidgin of 07'. Sort of what ever they had in the parts bin at the time of assembly. Got to admire their creative "no waste" manufacturing process. Mustang told me I had an "early" 06 - must be even more 07 parts on the "late" 06's ??  I do love my 05-06-07 Tiger though.  :wink:  j

JasonS

Quote from: "jphish"Timbox2 -   I do love my 05-06-07 Tiger though.  :wink:  j

it IS a triple..... year...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

jphish

YES!  haddnt thought of that - Its a good omen. j