News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

finally i've got it!

Started by chrisf, September 03, 2004, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisf

Picked up new Tiger on Wednesday evening and took nearly 2.5 hrs to do 90 miles...running in is a pain in the arse, litterally! Anyways, well

chuffed so far but gonna take some getting used to, nearly dropped it cos of the top end weight. Dropped the engine oil at 100 and stuck in a fresh lot (bit anal i know).

Couple of things though...theres a loud clunking noise coming from the top of the forks if i go over bump/pothole and the temp guage

needle barely leaves the cold area even when it should be at operating temperature (after 20 mins so of riding). Maybe they're all like

that!   :roll:

BP_LONDON

MY temp needle rarely goes up by more than 2-3mm. Seems like the cooling system is very effective.

Badger

By the time my temp gauge gets to about a third of the way up the fan has cut in. It normally runs at less than a quarter. Enjoy the Tiger.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

pauljones1227

Aha....another 05 with topend fork clunking !!!

Thats about 5 of us now, lets hope someone finds out what it is soon cos its starting to bother me a bit

MikeBenzon

I have felt the fork knock on only the most severe bumps. I think it is a trait of the design. I'm no expert by any stretch of the emagination.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/