News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

potential newbie questions

Started by beemerscreemer, September 03, 2004, 09:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beemerscreemer

I test rode a tiger last week and was impressed by the handling and performance of the bike. My recent rides bmw rt 1150, r1200c and a gl1800 goldwing. I am thinking about trading the 1150rt on a tiger.

My questions:

My legs got very hot in just a few miles, is this a characteristic of the tiger?

I rode a 2004, the dealer says there are no changes for 2005, is this correct?

Are there any recalls or problem issues for the 04, 05 tiger? (BMW's always seem to have them)

Reliability is an issue for me - just completed a 3500mi trip on the rt and had no problems. Is the tiger capable of trouble free touring?

I appreciate any input. :)  :)

Bushwhacker

Are there any changes to the 05?

Depends on where you are from.  US - Yes, other parts of the world - No.  Thats because we got the new version late and in other places it is called the 04.

"The 2005 Tiger features the same class-leading three-cylinder 955cc fuel-injected engine that has made it a preferred bike among adventure-touring riders. For 2005, Triumph has enhanced the TigerÌs impeccable handling by sharpening the chassis geometry for quicker steering and increased agility and retooling the suspension for a more composed and controlled ride. The 2005 Tiger sports cast wheels and tubeless tires Ò giving riders more choices for replacement tires. This versatile machine sports a new silver frame finish, and updated tank graphics. It is scheduled to debut at Triumph dealerships throughout the US in May."

I just bought an 05 and noticed the heat especially on the left side.  I added engine guards from Ma's Cycles and highway pegs.  This moves your legs away from the bike and the head literally disappears.

There is a recall for "Plastic connectors" on the gas tank but my dealer told me my bike was not affected and I understand that these have been replaced with metal fittings for the newer built 05's

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

ATDRS

Hey Bushwacker

Go back to your dealer or find a new one cuz the 05's are recalled reference the fuel fittings. I just had mine done.It's about a 15 min. job as the tank does not have to be lifted. Good luck

ATDRS

Sorry about misspelling your name.javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Bushwhacker

When did you buy yours?  I think it depends on the build date.  The earlier 05's had the plastic fittings but the later 05's have the metal fittings.

But, I am going back to the dealer in a couple of weeks and will check with him agian.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue