News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New KTM Electric

Started by tett, May 27, 2010, 12:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

EvilBetty

AWESOME!

I was just thinking yesterday that it was unbelievable no one had come out with a production electric bike.

This is great to see this going.

What happened to that Hydrogen fuel cell bike?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

coachgeo

Quote from: "EvilBetty"...I was just thinking yesterday that it was unbelievable no one had come out with a production electric bike....
They have been available for a while now.  Several manufactures.  They are just not produced by one of the major bike makers.

Here is one line of them

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

HappyMan

".....no gears, no clutch to worry about."  I'm sorry, but I'd be worried that I'm losing them.  The smell of the exhaust, the sound of the exhaust, the feel of slipping the bike in gear.  I get misty eyed when I smell the exhaust on my clothes..... :roll:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

the cyclops

I had to look up what fly tipping meant (the sign behind him).  How in the heck did you Brits come up with that expression  :lol:
Growing older but not up

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "the cyclops"I had to look up what fly tipping meant (the sign behind him).  How in the heck did you Brits come up with that expression  :lol:

I think it comes from "Tipping on the fly..."  

Doing anything "On the fly.." is said to be being opportunist, or exploiting an opportunity, so fly tipping is dumping anywhere you're not supposed to when the opportunity arises.  

Hell,  I was born here and sometimes I don't understand... :roll:  But the wife would say it's just my age...  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

the cyclops

Even more interesting, I assumed fly meant the little flying critter and tipping was to leave a little something for them like you do your waiter/waitress/bartender (of course they want money 8)  ).  At least in the states we call it tipping for service (or gratuity), you guys may have another term for it.
Growing older but not up