News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "aesdj"
Quote from: "mat-tiger1"Unfortunately, can't make the overnighters due to commitments, but wouldn't mind meeting up for a ride out either sat or sun. Do you have any routes planned as yet & would other bikes be welcome? (A 675 owner.) If no, then not a prob! :?:

I havn't got a problem with it, the more the merrier. I asked if two of my friends on GS1100 could come and no one minded.

Great, thanks for that! Any news on the routes front, watering holes etc?  :?:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

outrunner

Just to confirm that I will be there, should arrive Friday 4 or 5 Pm(ish).

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

BONANZA

I will be there on the Saturday morning all being well, camping Sat night. I am trying to get a shift off work for Friday night but things are a bit busy at the minute. I would be prepared to pay for the two nights on the off chance that I can make it. Looking forward to meeting a few Tiger addicts :lol:
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Nick Calne

Bob, sorry chap but it just went pop.  Read my post in 'steamers', can't make it this time.  Gutted. Was gonna bring some of that Black Rat cider up to test out on the assembled tigerists too.

Nick
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

BigMark

Do i need to say that i am still coming?

Just count me in whenever and wherever. I will take 2 nights and then if I dont get there until late on friday I may take a hotel somewhere.

But if i do get there at 11pm i am expecting you old farts to still be awake  :lol:  :lol:

aesdj

Great, thanks for that! Any news on the routes front, watering holes etc?  :?:[/quote]

I believe Bixer Bob has got a route or routes sorted and this is the nearest pub:-

www.theploughbrackenfield.co.uk

BigMark

I am in for a nice slow back road plod around.. Not interested in riding fast.

akendall1966

Quote from: "BigMark"I am in for a nice slow back road plod around.. Not interested in riding fast.

+1 on that.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Aye, me too.  I'll get something out on routes as soon as I can.  Bit busy at the mo...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

How about south east, through tissington ford and up into the countryside on the yellow roads ?

Cat & Fiddle Cafe for Lunch.. Then resorvoirs, snake pass way and back for 5..

Unless you know the area well I could stick a route up if that helps.

Bixxer Bob

Sounds good Mark.  I had planned to recce the area and campsite tomorrow, but my wife was GIVEN two tickets for Goodwood Festival of Speed also tomorrow, so I'll be doing the recce Monday I think.  I'll check out the suggestions - mainly for range and pace - and come back later in the week.  I'll then publish a route on here with some way-points so that anyone that doesn't want to do the whole run, or wants to do their own thing (or gets lost off the main group), can meet up for lunch or a cuppa at some point if they wish.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Ok, this is what I'll recce:

1. Arrive at Brackenfield nr Alfreton Friday evening or Sat morning. If you arrive Friday (I will) you can pitch camp then head off for grub and beer from wherever I find nearby.  

2. Eat.

3. Drink beer.

4. Rise at your leisure, but be breakfasted and ready to roll by 10.30am. t give the late arrivers time to find us.

5. If you couldn't arrive Friday evening, be there Sat by 10.15am to get the last minute details for where we're going. Otherwise, use one of the stop-offs to catch us up.

6. You can then either ride with the group or do your own thing; no pressure either way.

7. It'll take about 45mins to ride over to Buxton then play on the Cat and Fiddle till lunchtime. Have lunch at the C&F.

8. After lunch, push on up to Glossop and come down the Snake Pass to the Ladybower reservoir. If that's too daunting miles-wise, you can split off and go to Ladybower from Chapel-on-le-Frith and meet up again at Hathersage.

9.  Head on back to camp.  I'll check the walk to the pub and food availablility while on recce.

10. Sunday morning, after a leisurely breakfast (you're on your own here), either ride again or wend your way home, depending on miles to go etc...

I'll post some approximate mileage once I've plotted it on my GPS.

I was hoping to get the wife to bring along a good sized BBQ in the car but unfortunately she has other plans now so we'll have to make do as best we can.

aesdj

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Ok, this is what I'll recce:

1. Arrive at Brackenfield nr Alfreton Friday evening or Sat morning. If you arrive Friday (I will) you can pitch camp then head off for grub and beer from wherever I find nearby.  

2. Eat.

3. Drink beer.

4. Rise at your leisure, but be breakfasted and ready to roll by 10.30am. t give the late arrivers time to find us.

5. If you couldn't arrive Friday evening, be there Sat by 10.15am to get the last minute details for where we're going. Otherwise, use one of the stop-offs to catch us up.

6. You can then either ride with the group or do your own thing; no pressure either way.

7. It'll take about 45mins to ride over to Buxton then play on the Cat and Fiddle till lunchtime. Have lunch at the C&F.

8. After lunch, push on up to Glossop and come down the Snake Pass to the Ladybower reservoir. If that's too daunting miles-wise, you can split off and go to Ladybower from Chapel-on-le-Frith and meet up again at Hathersage.

9.  Head on back to camp.  I'll check the walk to the pub and food availablility while on recce.

10. Sunday morning, after a leisurely breakfast (you're on your own here), either ride again or wend your way home, depending on miles to go etc...

I'll post some approximate mileage once I've plotted it on my GPS.

I was hoping to get the wife to bring along a good sized BBQ in the car but unfortunately she has other plans now so we'll have to make do as best we can.

Sounds like a good plan to me Bixxer. I'm going to ring the camp site on Monday/Tuesday evening to comfirm numbers and to make sure everything is still ok. If you can look at the list below and confirm that I've got things right then that would be great.

Tiger meet on the 9th / 10th July.

Broomhill Farm Camping & Caravaning.
Butterfield Lane
Brackenfield
Alfreton
Derbyshire
DE55 6AN
01773-832813

Friday + Saturday Camping.

1. Bixxer Bob + Jackie
2. John Stenhouse
3. Neil D
4. Dan
5. Big Mark
6. Bonanza
7. Loops
8. Akendall1966
9. Black Tiger
10. Bruce C
11. AESDJ
12. Moose
13. Outrunner
14. NKL
15. Chairhead

Geoff D (maybe)
CoolHandLuke (maybe)
Mat-Tiger1 (675cc, ride out only)

Thanks in advance.

Bixxer Bob

Roger that.  Only concern I have is the distance from the pub.  I'm guessing we'll have to ride there for evening grub then take beer back to camp.  Folks will have to bring their own cooking arrangements for breakfasts.

NeilD

Quote from: "aesdj"and confirm that I've got things right then that would be great.

I may just be camping on the Friday night, but if they need to know for definate then book me in for both and I'll pay for both anyway...

Neil