News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

It's ok by me although I guess it should go to a vote.  What does everyone think?

I don't want us to take the shine off their GSs, the Tiger being twice the bike at half the price  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

As long as they can put up with the ribbing  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Geoff D

And they buy everyone a beer.... :lol:
The older I get the faster I was...

moose

New on here, but sounds great count me in also
Rob

akey

Not a problem for me, but then my missus mightl be out with us on her CBR.

Might have to find some 'dedicated' parking for the germans  :twisted:

Geoff D

Hi Bob, I wast just thinking  :roll:  probably a bit late now but...
Touratech are doing an 'adventure weekend' on the 4th-6th of June, campsite, beer tent, on & off road ride outs, shows from a variety of motorcycle adventurers, etc etc.... couldn't we combine the two??

Just a thought
The older I get the faster I was...

akey

Could always do both  :shock:

Bixxer Bob

If there's enough want to change, go for it, I won't mind, but I can't do early June :cry:

It's my first week as a civilian since 1974!!! :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dan

Just so you know, i am still up for this, on the original date. My weekends fill up fast!
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

Bixxer Bob

Yup, it's still on. I just haven't been able to co-ord a date to meet up with Akey to plan the details.  The main issue I think is are you camping (in which case Akey has plenty of room in the paddock) but if you're doing B&B it might be an idea to get something booked soon.  Anything in Chesterfield should do, although Akey might have better suggestions.

akey

Dan will be camping, he usually does - and yes Dan there will be hangover cures available as usual  :D

I will try to look around for B&B's over the next few weeks if anyone wants them.

Dan

Quote from: "akey"yes Dan there will be hangover cures available as usual  :D

Glad to hear it  :thumbsup:
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

rybes

just found this. if the tigers finished by then ill be up for it. not gunna commit meself yet cos if i do summink will go horridly wrong with my rebuild :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Right then, I finally got round to visiting Akey today.  What we've come up with is this:

1.   Arrive at his place just South of Chesterfield Friday evening or Sat morning.  If you arrive Friday (I will) you can drop your kit then head off for grub and then beer from Tescos just down the road a mile or two.

2.   Arrive back at Akey's.  

3.   Drink beer.

4.   Rise at your leisure, but be breakfasted and ready to roll by 10.30am.

5.   If you couldn't arrive Friday evening, be there Sat by 10.15am to get the last minute details for where we're going.

6.   You can then either ride with the group or do your own thing; no pressure either way.

7.   Arrive back at Akey's around 4pm, go straight to Tesco to buy BBQ food and more beer.   If you want to breakfast at Akey's Sunday morning, buy something to eat then as well.

8.   BBQ and drink beer.

9.   Sunday morning, after a leisurely breakfast (Akey's cooking just provide your own grub - I suspect bacon will figure heavily here), either ride again or wend your way home, depending on miles to go etc...

If you don't mind camping, Akey has plenty of room for tents in the paddock, and if it rains, the stables are dry and don't smell of horse (as far as I could tell anyway).  Just let him know so he can track numbers.

If you don't do camping, you'll need to use Google and find bike -friendly B&B nearby.  My good lady is driving my SUV up with our kit in it (we may even sleep in it) and I have a spare tent if someone needs it.

Finally, the plan - such as it is- is to go across the A6 to the Cat and Fiddle which will take about an hour.  From the C&F pub you can then play on the C&F run to Macclesfield for an hour before going back to the C&F pub for lunch.  If you've been reading the scaremongering in MCN, don't be too worried.  The new cameras are in place and working, but are cleverly placed to be all but ineffective.  Akey will brief on them before we set off.

After lunch, the plan is to push on up through Buxton to Glossop and come down the Snake Pass to the Ladybower reservoir.  If that's too daunting miles-wise, you can split off and go to Ladybower  from Chapel-on-le-Frith and meet up again at Hathersage.  

I'll post some approximate mileage once I've plotted it on my GPS.

No doubt Akey will be along shortly to add to this, particularly once he's got his Google maps of the routes links working, but if you have comments or concerns, please let us know sooner than later.  It's finally coming together it seems  :lol:

Ok, got the miles and they aren't as challenging as they look on the map so we should all be good to go I think.

Akey's to Cat and Fiddle  about 35 miles, approx 45 mins allowing for slower progress as a group.  

Play on the C&F run.

After lunch, Cat and fiddle to Glossop about 20 miles and 30 minutes - no sweat, then straight on to Ladybower down the Snake Pass about 20 miles and 30 minutes plus photo time.

Stop for coffee.

Ladybower to Akey's about 20 miles so back for 4pm easily.  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Once you get the links up I can find a B&B and then we're all set.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting