News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrunner

I should be able to find that ok as I once worked in an opencast coal site in the Clay Cross area and had digs in Shirland.....................mind you, it was a loooong time ago.  :wink:

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Bixxer Bob

Info for latecomers and a summary for the rest of us.

The meet is near Chesterfield, use the vote button to register you're coming and post a line or two. Pitch up Friday evening or early Sat at Akey's (use his link to find him).  Plenty of camping space (and an empty stable if it turns wet) or sort your own B&B if you wish.  Beer and grub available at nearby Tesco's so no worries there.  Folks can do as they want Sat, ride as a group or on your own or with your mate, whatever takes you - we have the whole of the Peak district to play with!!  There'll be RV points to meet up for lunch, afternoon tea and pee.  Back to Akey's early evening for BBQ and beer.  Drift off as you like Sunday depending on how far you have to go.

Has anybody booked the weather yet??? :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

OK so who's coming from the south and is up for meeting at On Yer Triumph at Aston Clinton near Aylesbury on the Friday morning and riding together from there?
My proposed route from there to Akey's is around 3&1/2 hours of mostly back roads so I think midday would be OK to meet.
I need to get this set up because I'm heading to Norway on June 25th and won't be back until late July 8th.
Discuss. Or PM me with e-mail addresses & phone numbers.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BigMark

I am hoping to go on the Friday during the day, if not i will have to travel in the evening and unless i get some help pitching a tent at 10 -11pm I may just shack up in a B&B or drive up first thing Saturday.  

I will know sooner the time.. be good if i could get someones number in case i cant find the place - (No navigational skills)

Mark.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "BigMark"I am hoping to go on the Friday during the day, if not i will have to travel in the evening and unless i get some help pitching a tent at 10 -11pm I may just shack up in a B&B or drive up first thing Saturday.  

I will know sooner the time.. be good if i could get someones number in case i cant find the place - (No navigational skills)

Mark.

PM sent
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Guys and gals, some bad news.....

Had a message tonight from Akey; he's had a change of circumstances and is not going to be able to host the meet.  I'm not saying we should cancel (yet); I'll have a look around over the next day or two and see if I can come up with something nearby.  Meanwhile, I'm open to ideas... :icon_scratch

Update:  I've Emailed the Cat and Fiddle to see if they can help.  One place that's about 30 mins further north that might be able to take us is Squires Cafe - another famous bike meeting place, although it'll be busy as they have a charity run on the 11th.  Let me know what you think.

aesdj

Nothing to bad for him I hope. Is Akey still planning on coming if we find somewere else? I would think that there will be loads of camp sites around that area. No funny remarks (what from you lot) but I'm in the caravan club so if we get really stuck I could ring a few of there sites on farms around there and see if they would be able to squeeze us in. Is it ilegal to camp out on the moors? For one night it could be a laugh. I don't mind roughting it.

Bixxer Bob

I'm sure Akey will be along with some news on his situation soon.  Meanwhile,  I had a look at campsites around there last night, most look a bit posh but I'll ring around them anyway.  It'll go a bit like this:  "Hello, any chance you could let 19 seasoned motorcyclists camp on your site for a couple of nights in Jul?  They're mainly mature, well-behaved types...."

Can't do it till Monday though as I'm off to Silverstone for the GP tomorrow.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "aesdj"Nothing to bad for him I hope. Is Akey still planning on coming if we find somewere else? I would think that there will be loads of camp sites around that area. No funny remarks (what from you lot) but I'm in the caravan club so if we get really stuck I could ring a few of there sites on farms around there and see if they would be able to squeeze us in. Is it ilegal to camp out on the moors? For one night it could be a laugh. I don't mind roughting it.

I've spent the afternoon scouring the web but can't find anything that looks remotely like it would allow a bike meet.  If you could do some ringing around it would be a great help.  Meanwhile, I'll open a new thread to have a second head count.

Everyone, please post on the new thread, not on here.....

Bixxer Bob

OK folks, you'll have read about Akey not being able to host the Tiger meet on the other thread.  His place was ideal because he had plenty of space, BBQs etc and a Tesco on the doorstep.  What it means is the organisation will have to be a bit better if we're going to pull this off.

First, if you could post up whether you're still coming (if I can find somewhere that will have us) and whether you'll be camping and whether it's one or two nights (Friday and Sat or just Sat).  Also, if you're not camping, do you have something else booked.

Cheers, BB :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Ok,  I trawled the other thread and found 16 positives if Akey can come, plus a few not sures.

I'll see whether I can get us in somewhere tomorrow.  I had a couple of leads this evening that might work.  the list is:

Me + Jackie
John Stenhouse
Neil D
Dan
Big Mark
Bonanza
Loops
Akendall1966
Black Tiger
Bruce C
AESDJ
Moose
Outrunner
NKL
Nick Calne
Akey - maybe

I'm assuming 1 tent each and 2 nights.  Fingers crossed.

chairhead

Bob,
have you looked here,there seems to be plenty of space,there are a couple of reviews,both seem to say its an ok site,its flat with lots of room,
could be ideal

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4362
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Cheers Mate,  I'll give them a go tomorrow.  There's also a few here:
http://www.peakdistrict-nationalpark.co ... derbyshire

Hopefully one of them will have us...

In fact, thinking about it, it might be better to visit.  Harder to turn us down face to face....  and the weather's nice this week  :D

NKL

Don't forget me, camping friday and sat night.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Nick Calne

Or me!  (Saturday night only though)  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?