News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Roger that ( x2) sorry I missed you off the list, it's me age y'know...

Waiting for a reply from here, everything on site inc food, beer, beer, food.......:

http://www.bulliththorn.co.uk/camping/
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Noticed you included me but if I'm to come on this I need to know by Thursday because I'm off to Norway ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542913 ) Friday morning and would rather stay abroad longer if this is off.

My preference for a campsite would be one with a decent pub ( serves good real ales) within a 15 minute walk. That Bull i' th' Thorn looks OK with Robinsons ales on the bar. As does the Royal Oak.
Failing that I suppose a raid on the supermarket bottled beer section will suffice.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

Will be up for Fri and Sat hopefully. Assuming I don't do something daft like get lost in Scotland next week  :lol:

Bull in Thorn looks good as it's got rooms on site (tad expensive though).
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

akey

Sorry fellas,

Our landlord has had a change in circumstances and has given us our 2 months notice to leave the property, and while there was a slim chance we would still be able to host I would rather cancel early and have a chance of a new location than mess people around at the last min.

Rest assured we are currently searching high and low for a new home  :shock: and if we are settled enough we will ride out to meet you all where ever the new meet is!

To add to complications I am away on a course with work and access to the internet is not always an option, which is why I asked Bixxer to post for me.

akey

Sorry about the cancelation fellas, landlord has given us notice to move out so we are a little pre-occupied as you can imagine!

However, if we can then we will make it, but will be on a day visit / ride out basis only.

chairhead

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Bull in Thorn looks good as it's got rooms on site (tad expensive though).

:shock: That is a tad expensive.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Ok guys, I was looking at the 15 acres of campsite not the room prices.

This place has room for all the campers, and has some Bothy accomodation (like little wooden tents) available but we need to be quick.  I told them I would let them know by tomorrow at the latest. I'm assuming that those not camping have already got accomodation near Akey's booked?

http://www.peakdistrict-nationalpark.co ... barns.aspx

Are we happy?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

Bixxer Bob

Right we have two choices confirmed:

http://www.peakdistrict-nationalpark.co ... barns.aspx

http://www.bulliththorn.co.uk/camping/

The Bull looks the better bet for the campers, but the pricey rooms might mean some staying elsewhere.  The Bushey offers less all round, and either way, the non-campers will have to book their own accomodation, I can't do that for you.

I need to book it tomorrow because:

a.    Blak Tiger's off to Norway on Thurs and

b.    Everywhere is filling up fast.

Can we have a quick show of hands?  (Apologies in advance for those that didn't see this in time to have a vote).

chairhead

Count me in if its at Bushy heath
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

aesdj

Bixxer Bob and everyone who's intrested, rang 4 sites out of the caravan club book around Alfreton and they all said no so I looked on the net and found this one :-

Broomhill Farm Camping & Caravaning
Butterfield Lane
Brackenfield
Alfreton
Derbyshire
DE55 6AN
01773-832813

Its between Alfreton and Matlock. The lady says its fine for some to come on Friday July 9th and stop both nights and its ok for those that want to just stay one night on the 10th. Its ok for us to have bbq so long as we don't burn the grass. There's toilets + showers. We can park the bikes at the side of our tents and (our we sat down) its 5 pounds per night for a 2 man tent. Good value I'd say. I said 15 people and 15 tents but they may be more and she's fine with that. Don't know how you want to play it from here but I think it would be best to book it sooner rather than later as it could fill up with it being the school holidays and all that.

akey, hope everything goes well and you get sorted soon.

aesdj

Posted this on the old thread but I'll put it in here as well.

Bixxer Bob and everyone who's intrested, rang 4 sites out of the caravan club book around Alfreton and they all said no so I looked on the net and found this one :-

Butterfield Lane
Brackenfield
Alfreton
Derbyshire
DE55 6AN
01773-832813

Its between Alfreton and Matlock. The lady says its fine for some to come on Friday July 9th and stop both nights and its ok for those that want to just stay one night on the 10th. Its ok for us to have bbq so long as we don't burn the grass. There's toilets + showers. We can park the bikes at the side of our tents and (our we sat down) its 5 pounds per night for a 2 man tent. Good value I'd say. I said 15 people and 15 tents but they may be more and she's fine with that. Don't know how you want to play it from here but I think it would be best to book it sooner rather than later as it could fill up with it being the school holidays and all that.

+1, I'm coming Saturday with my tent, may even come on the Friday if I get parol for good behavior.

aesdj

Just found these if they are any good for you. The miles are from the campsite in my last post.

Nearby Camp Sites

Ainmoor Grange Caravan And Camping Park (1.52 Miles)
Pinegroves Caravan Park (1.88 Miles)
Lickpenny Touring Park (2.26 Miles)
Moor Edge Farm (2.71 Miles)
Beech Farm (3.24 Miles)
Hallgate Farm C S (3.62 Miles)
Wayside Farm Caravan Storage (3.69 Miles)
Packhorse Farm Campsite (3.69 Miles

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "aesdj"Posted this on the old thread but I'll put it in here as well.

Butterfield Lane
Brackenfield
Alfreton
Derbyshire
DE55 6AN
01773-832813

+1, I'm coming Saturday with my tent, may even come on the Friday if I get parol for good behavior.

Sounds as good as anything, dunno about the others but I say book it.  We don't have time to F about.  Will folks have to bring their food with them for BBQ or is there shopping nearby?  What about the actual BBQ? Do we bring disposables or what?

Sorry if these are idiot questions but it's better to know up front.

chairhead

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "aesdj"Posted this on the old thread but I'll put it in here as well.

Butterfield Lane
Brackenfield
Alfreton
Derbyshire
DE55 6AN
01773-832813

Sounds as good as anything, dunno about the others but I say book it.  We don't have time to F about.  Will folks have to bring their food with them for BBQ or is there shopping nearby?  What about the actual BBQ? Do we bring disposables or what?

Sorry if these are idiot questions but it's better to know up front.

+1,
book it,once its booked other plans can be made
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel