News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885i big end failure!

Started by pip 885, June 30, 2010, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff D

I'd be worried about putting it back together too... something must have gone wrong somewhere, some sort of blockage?? you obviously had a lack of oil at no's 2 and 3.
The older I get the faster I was...

JetdocX

You can look at it until you are blue in the face.  Has anyone actually measured any fits and clearances, yet?   :roll:
From parts unknown.

pip 885

yes, i`ve measured clearances and checked specifications for the crank big end journals and checked con rods any wear, the oilways in the con rods were all clear as were the oilways in the crankcases, when i stripped the engine even though the shells were buggered they were still well lubricated :icon_scratch .it`s a mystery, but i can`t just leave it in bits, i`ll have to give it a go and hope for the best :!:
1999 yellow 885i