News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tigers...

Started by NeilD, July 07, 2010, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I was going to test ride a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, but I think I can wait a while now we have something concrete to go on.... :roll:

By all means test one but you'll hate it after the Tiger. It's horrible.

Also, we're gonna need a name for these new things for their own thread.
There's a thread going on http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/14 ... ost1647834
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Danny955i

The articles in Cycle World and Motorcyclist are SPECULATIONS as to what the new bike will be.

They did the same thing with another dual sport... the Yamaha TDM1200 and the FJR1300...

The pictures in the magazine are NOTHING like that of the spy shots... it is a photo-shopped 675 front end onto a 1050 tiger...

The new bike looks MUCH MUCH MUCH more like a FG800 than the original tiger...

Which is badass.... I can't wait... I may have to trade in my 955.

514Advrider

Details about powerplant should be released in 13 hrs..... :o

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

brad1098

It's not going to be a big shock folks.  3 cylinders, dual overhead cams, fuel injection, painted black, 100 plus horsepower, 800 plus cc's.

What else do you want to know?

That is all I need to know...........me likey  8)
02 black-Lorna

KuzzinKenny

11 hrs !!  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

KuzzinKenny

10 hrs !!  :roll:

KK

blacktiger

The engine details countdown clicked over to 01:01:01:01:secs and is now counting up?????

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "blacktiger"The engine details countdown clicked over to 01:01:01:01:secs and is now counting up?????

:icon_scratch  :shock: this is torture  :new_all_coholic
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

qbto

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "blacktiger"The engine details countdown clicked over to 01:01:01:01:secs and is now counting up?????

:icon_scratch  :shock: this is torture  :new_all_coholic

Good tho init  :P

If you need someone to take that Roadie out and blow the dust off it give me a shout  :lol:

blacktiger

Web site now seems to have frozen. Me thinks the IT people got their sums wrong.

Birdy68

Well the next teaser is up...
 :o

The engine is a:  ALL NEW TRIPLE
Size = not stated *Doooh*  :twisted:
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

blacktiger

Hey Howard,  
We know secrets are difficult to keep, but we'll trust you with ours...  
Adventure bikes have to carry out a whole range of roles with minimum fuss. That's why Triumph has been busy ensuring its latest pair of young cubs will set a new standard when they're introduced later this year.  
We think a triple is the best configuration for an adventure bike. It's compact and has a natural character that ideally suits a wide range of duties. Our long stroke engine will deliver smooth, controllable torque for both tricky off-road riding and the urban jungle...but with the higher rpm characteristics that just devour on-road miles.  
A triple is also more refined than a twin, which means that the bike is less tiring and less intrusive on the open road. So you can just relax and enjoy the trip.  

Continue the adventure  

Keep your eye on your emails, we'll be in touch again soon.

WTF is going on?

514Advrider

This is bullshit... I was expecting some numbers. What a disappointment.

abruzzi

yeah.  that's a little silly--no specs!?!?  WTF!?!?  We already knew it would be a triple.

Geof