News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

France, Andorra and Spain

Started by akey, September 03, 2010, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akey

Well I am now back from an awsome trip with a couple of mates and my cousins.

We headed south from Calais through Orleans (sp) down to the Milau viaduct, into Andorra then over the Pyranees and into spain, through the big tunnel and onto Salou.

What can I say, once you are south of Orleans the N roads are superb, in fact stunning, the Milau viaduct is spectacular just for the engineering but the magic moment is the road into Andorra it is just the most stunning road I have ever ridden, smooth tarmac and massive bends you can see for miles and the scenary is just wonderful.

The tiger didnt miss a beat for 1200 miles which included some pretty heavy days where we didnt get above 3rd gear as we climbed and dropped around the mountains.  Before the trip I was considering selling up and getting a GS or a new Multistrader but this trip made me fall back in love with the tiger and realise why I got it in the first place (although I do need some bigger panniers!).

If anyone is heading down that way I can highly reccommend it, the roads and scenary are magnificent the people all friendly and the roads (if you stear clear of the toll roads) are just great, the small mountain roads are real tiger country and it was a joy to ride them.

I will try to get some pictures up later !

zadok_oz

Sounds great. Just waiting on those pics. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i