News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lost at lunch...

Started by Hemibee, July 12, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

My wife and her sister were having a lunch today that contained items not on my diet.  I was asked what I wanted them to cook for me so I wouldn't have to eat something from outside the food groups I'm allowed to eat.  I thought about it a few minutes and told my wife I'd just run down the street to the local BBQ joint and they wouldn't have to worry about me.

I checked the members on-line at that time to see if there was anyone from the Spring/Conroe/Willis/Huntsville areas on but didn't see any so I decided to just ride the 3.5 miles to Smokey Mo's for lunch.

The trip didn't start out too good, I got lost from the get-go.  I think I must have turned left at FM830 instead of right to head into Willis cause the next thing I know  I'm on the wrong side of the lake.  Well that really confused me more and I was trying to figure out how to get back to the correct side of the lake so I turn on this FM that looks promising....

That just didn't look right so I ran up the road a little further looking for the correct route back...

Nope not that one either...

I'll have to try this one....

I see a sign up ahead that might help me find out where I am and just as I get to it five sport bikes come flying by so I think I might be getting close to the lake but when I turn the corner I see this instead of the lake....

Maybe if I head out of town in the other direction I will get back to the lake...

Nope that didn't work, here I am again back in town.  As I was putting the camera back in my pocket some poor feller was having even worse luck than me, a big roll around tool box and the top chest for it fell out of the back of his truck.  So I head over to help clear the road and was surprised to find out he is as poor as me, a used tool box with no tools.

Well I think I have an idea where I went wrong so I head on down the road to ....

Didn't I see this road going the other way earlier today?

But this isn't right so I start looking for...

Which took me past where me an they boys used to spend a lot of time riding dirt bikes and then it carried me to this place.

And then I find this...

on this road...

So back out on the road...
I guess the folks here were having a little problem getting to their destination also because the doors were locked up and they weren't letting anyone in or out.

I was hoping to get a look at "Old Sparky."  361 individuals met their maker in that chair.

Then there was this tall thing that I had to stop and look at next to the museum...

Notice how hard the wind is whipping the flags?  Me neither.

Then on the road to here looking for the way to Smokey Mo's...

Well I ran across this building and thought maybe I could get directions but it appears to be deserted this morning.

On down the road again....

Got to thinking the Tiger needed a new gas cap so I picked this one up....

Changed my mind and decided to leave it where it was.

Big Sam, General Sam Houston or President Sam Houston, who went on to be Senator and Governor Houston.  So here we have the World's tallest statue of an American hero.

I know I must be getting close as things are starting to look familiar...

There's what I'm looking for.... Smokey Mo's just up ahead.  After making so many wrong turns I was so hungry I didn't get a picture of the plate prior to satisfying my basic needs but here is what it ends up looking like....

Not a bad day, left the house to head down the road 3.5 miles to get BBQ and roll back in the garage with 139.8 added to the clock.

I wonder what she is cooking next weekend?
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

ArcticTiger

-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

chairhead

Nice report :thumbsup ,i knew at some stage you would get to the food,shame there was no pic :D i was looking forward to some ribs :lol:
only one question though...........................where is everyone :shock:  :icon_scratch
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Hemibee

Quote from: "chairhead"Nice report :thumbsup ,i knew at some stage you would get to the food,shame there was no pic :D i was looking forward to some ribs :lol:
only one question though...........................where is everyone :shock:  :icon_scratch

No ribs this time... just a BIG BIG helping of brisket.  

Once you get off the beaten path the crowds sure thin out... Either that or I got lucky and hit it at just the right time.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

BigMark

Hmm, got me mighty hungry being dragged around all those back roads with you looking for some BBQ.

Best things come to those who wait -

Now where is my steak woman!  (shouts into the kitchen)

Sin_Tiger

Brisket, I didn't think anyone outside the northern confines of the UK ate that  :shock:

I want one of those GPS's  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Brisket, I didn't think anyone outside the northern confines of the UK ate that  :shock: ...
Smocked brisket is a staple and tradition in TX.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Hemibee

If you're gonna BBQ in Texas there has to be at least one brisket on in the smoker along with some sausage.  Ribs and other cuts can be in there but it ain't BBQ without brisket.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC