News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride To the Pyrenees June 2010

Started by kraftykarper, July 12, 2010, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kraftykarper

We sailed from Portsmouth, overnight to St Malo, and rode down to a small village just south of Royan on the west coast called Meschers-s-Gironde. The french owner of the B&B spoke some english, and with our basic french we got along well. The B&B was called Biscaye, and was large and comfortable, with its own swimming pool, and good views over the countryside.

Next day rode to Rons B&B in St Beat, called Chalet Le Chapeau Bleu, Ron McGregor was a great host, had a cold beer waiting for us on arrival, and the accomodation was top quality, and very comfortable. Felt like we were family friends, not just fare paying customers. Would deffinately go there again.

Ron did all the cooking, and served up a terrific 4 course meal with wine, and a brandy for 20 euros each. Much appreciated after a days riding.

Weather in the mountains was not good, zero degrees, and when the clouds came down, poor visibility, but the experience was worth it.

Stayed at Rons 3 nights, and on the return journey stopped at Angouleme, enjoyed a free music festival, a young french band knocked out some good Stones, and Hendrix numbers, and stayed the last night at Dinan, 20 Km east of St Malo. Fantastic medieval walled town, pictures cannot do it justice, but well worth a visit.

Great trip, and I certainly feel my riding improved on the way back, as I had only had my Tiger for a couple of months prior to the trip, but those machines have got great grip in all conditions, and perform well. However, my friend Andrew, who didnt have panniers, noticed that I was using 1 to 2 litres more at every tank fill than him, and his tigers older than mine, so he's not so keen to get panniers now! I can only assume its the wind drag, but next service I'll get the fuel consumption checked. Maybe I just enjoyed that Tiger burble on the over run too much!

Geoff D

The older I get the faster I was...

kraftykarper

After doing a couple of these types of ride now I find the ride to work, or a trip to the coast just isn't far enough!

If only we didn't have to go to work !!

chairhead

Have done a load of roads through the Pyrenees and indeed stayed in Angeloume for a long weekend,a nice little town,the roads and views(on a clear day) just breathtaking,it enough to make you go back and do it all again.
I keep promising myself to do the Millau bridge :roll: maybe this year.
Thanks for the pics :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

aeronca

killer pic's. look's like you all had an excellent time 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

BigMark

Excellent stuff. Nice to see those pics, something about mountains...

tigerharry

Roulette Green rules OK in the fog!!

B.............er someone's photographed me in the mountains!

Tigerharry
Andrew Harrison

kraftykarper

That green looks good against white !

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint