News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake improvement

Started by Tigersrus, August 03, 2010, 06:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigersrus

I have had my 07 955i Tiger for a few weks now but find the brake lever travel is far in excess of my previous 03 Tiger. Would braided hoses help improve brake performance?

Cheers
Utrinque Paratus

gazoo

If the bike is a 955 and is in your avatar, I don't think it's a 2007.  Most likely a 2006 or 2005.  And unless they've been changed the factory brake lines are braided.  

What's the condition of them, and have you checked fluid levels, etc?

Sin_Tiger

+1 should actually be in the Girlies forum, where's Mustang?

Change the fluid completely and give the system a good flush before you go throwing money at it. Are the Girly hoses braided as standard? Steamers and Roadies are.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"+1 should actually be in the Girlies forum, where's Mustang?

I moved it here until the owner fesses up if it's an 06 or an '07

Tigersrus

My apologies for posting in the incorrect section

The bike was first registered 01-05-2007 So I would assume it was manufactured in 2006!

Just had a closer inspection of the brake lines and they do appear to be steel braided under the pvc cover!

Now about to flush and renew the fluids

Cheers
Utrinque Paratus

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

Yeah, c'on, some dirty pics please  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigersrus

Just confirmed by Hinckley it was built on 18 April 2006!!

Pics to follow!!
Utrinque Paratus

rf9rider

I`m sure i read elsewhere about using a Kawasaki master cylinder to reduce the travel.  :shock: