News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Invoice Price of 05 Cat?

Started by ridemoretalkless, September 12, 2004, 04:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridemoretalkless

Hi,

I just found this forum and have been reading through some of the posts. I like it. And the colors and lay out of the forum look real good too.

Do any of you know the invoice price of the '05 Tigers? I will be buying one in a few weeks and just wanted to know so that I would have some kind of hand in negoitiating, if I can negoitiate at all.

I know with some Jap bikes and watercraft that the invoice prices are pretty easy to come by, there are even websites listing them for sale at invoice prices with the prices listed.

Anyway, thanks in advance and Hello!

doitright

Buying someting new is a fun sport. First of all does the dealer want you as a customer?? He must show that he want to sell a bike to you.

Have goal for yourself and don•t rush things.

When I bought mine two months ago I Worked like this.

1 They have about 25-30 percent profit on a new bike sales taxes execluded. So you can count how much you can work on. It might be more or less but it will give you an idea about how much the profit is in dollars.

2 Both must think they do a good deal yourself and the dealer so you can go back without bad fealings. It is a trust between buyer and seller. Always do good business.

3 Do not be over interested. Let the dealer think he can work with you. Do not say yes or no if he give you an offer just remember it as a start for dealing and then you can start ad on extras.

4 Extras everything you can think of like touring bags, free first service, trim can, maintinence book/repair manual and so on... Remeber they have more profit on extras.

5 You can always go to another dealer.

Of course you must do a test run and if you buy a bike do a test run with the one you get so you can check it out before you leave the dealer.

Good luck!

ridemoretalkless

Thanks for the advise. I have already sold myself on buying the bike so I figure that the dealer doesn't deserve much because he doesn't have to work much.

On $10K bikes and watercraft I have bought before I have usually given the dealership $500 or so over invoice and I feel that is fair. but with those purchases, they were fairly common items (unlike the Tiger) so it changes things a bit.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading this forum...It is the best Triumph Tiger sales tool around!