News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stolen 2000 Tiger Yellow Washington State

Started by Jon KB, August 15, 2010, 09:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

Last night my Tiger was stolen from my home

2000 885i Yellow
Stock Hard bags no top box

Bailey +4 windscreen

Ma's Crash Bars

Three tool tubs, Two on the crash bars one on left side rear foot peg bracket (no left passenger foot peg)

Lock box mounted behind License plate

chain guard repaired with metal rear bolt down plate

One metal fuel fitting one plastic

If you see anything let me know

mailto:TTigerfoot@gmail.com">TTigerfoot@gmail.com
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

jphish

NOOOO!!!!  CRAP!!!  :(  :(   Geez Jon - I cant believe it! Tiger theft should be capital crime. I will keepmy eyes open - not alot of yellow ones around. Why a 10 yo Tiger I wonder??  I could understand a new Duc or Beemer but frankly,  our old tigers just aint worth that much. Sounds like opportunity theft - should show up - hopefully intact. Keep us posted. Bummer!!

Jon KB

Quote from: "jphish"NOOOO!!!!  CRAP!!!  :(  :(   Geez Jon - I cant believe it! Tiger theft should be capital crime. I will keepmy eyes open - not alot of yellow ones around. Why a 10 yo Tiger I wonder??  I could understand a new Duc or Beemer but frankly,  our old tigers just aint worth that much. Sounds like opportunity theft - should show up - hopefully intact. Keep us posted. Bummer!!

I should be grateful (I guess) my wife's 2008 Rocket III was parked next to the Tiger and was not stolen.

Look for a bike with a Yellow kickstand foot
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

jphish

Hmmmm - That makes it even weirder!! Maybe the size of the Rocket scared em off ??

johnnyadventurepants

:BangHead Sorry to hear that!  I'll keep my eyes open.  Ain't no yellow Tiger gonna get past this guy!  Don't really know what someone is going to do with a 10 year old fairly rare bike.  Not worth too much.  No market for parting out.  Can't license and ride it himself.  Maybe he will realize it's more trouble than it's worth and sneak it back!
\'99 Tiger 885i

johnnyadventurepants

Did you leave the key in it?
\'99 Tiger 885i

aeronca

wow, thats bull shit!!!!! i will keep my eye's open bro.      eric.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jon KB

Miracles happen

an hour ago I got a call from our police reporting that they had found my bike.

I left work long enough to collect my Tiger and store her in my garage.

I will check her out in the morning but so far the the damage appears to be limited to the Ignition switch.

Looks like they had jammed a screw driver in the key slot.

The cops were contacted by some people that found my Tiger parked behind their cars on their property.

This was within two blocks of my house.

While I would love to have a "discussion" with whomever stole my Tiger, I settle for having her back.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Nimrod11

----------
Tiger 2004

Mustang

Quote from: "Jon KB"Miracles happen

an hour ago I got a call from our police reporting that they had found my bike.

I left work long enough to collect my Tiger and store her in my garage.

I will check her out in the morning but so far the the damage appears to be limited to the Ignition switch.

Looks like they had jammed a screw driver in the key slot.

The cops were contacted by some people that found my Tiger parked behind their cars on their property.

This was within two blocks of my house.

While I would love to have a "discussion" with whomever stole my Tiger, I settle for having her back.
guaranteed it was some punk ass kids ( probably from your own neighbor hood) that were thinking they could boost the "dirt bike" and go thrash it for a while .
Had they have been pros you would have never seen her again
If they had known  what wire to put a 12 volt jumper across the key switch would be redundant and they wouldn't have jammed a screwdriver in the slot thinking they could start it, doesn't take long either .......... :shock:

daveb

Bad news and good news there Jon, glad you got the Tiger returned.

I had a GSF600 Bandit stolen from my back garder years ago, and the police found it about 300m from my house. I can understand how you feel.

My insurace company paid for most of the repair work, but I became a light sleeper after that, when you hear a mouse moving a small stone at the bottom of the garden in the middle of the night you will be scanning outside for the noise, making sure nothing is touching your pride and joy.

All the best

jphish

Hey Jon - Great news! It was either going to be found quickly, or not at all. At least thats what the Tumwater PD told me when my KLR went missing a few years ago. Next day discovered at a 7-11, leaned up against garbage dumpster - not sure if thief didnt know how to use kick stand or... a statement of what he thought of the thumper. Was afraid I was going to have to lend you the Uly for Tiger fest - like a skunk at a banquet. Bob @ Tacoma Triumph should be able to get new switch pretty quick. Glad the wandering "Tomcat" came home. j

aeronca

right on. glad you got it back :hello2
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

KuzzinKenny

Phew !! that was a close call !! glad you got it back and as quick, they probably pushed it there and thought fook this !! this thing weighs a fookin ton and just parked it up !!

Lesson learnt !! CHAIN it up to the Rocket !!  :roll:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

johnnyadventurepants

\'99 Tiger 885i