News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Beaker?

Started by Tiger-G, October 06, 2010, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi Guys,

(Slightly tongue in cheek) A friendly message to our American friends - please don't go naming the Tiger 800 without consulting the Brits, or we'll end up with something as bad as "Girly" again.

Remember we're men, men's men, with hairy chests and six packs. We want a manly name for the Tiger 800 and the 1200 when it comes along !!  :)

Cheers.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

JetdocX

Then stop building curvy bikes with mascara over the headlights.   :roll:  :P
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Still reckon the new bike looks like Beaker from the Muppets...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

and the new Speed Triple looks like Dame Edna Everage from the front..  :D

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Ok, we'll call the 800 the 'slim-fast' since it should be slimmer than previous tigers while still being pretty fast.  Does that meet with your approval?

Geof

Mustang

ummmmmm.............the Girly moniker was coined by a Brit :ImaPoser

Google "Jeremy Sagar "
he's the one who coined the phrase on the Yahoo Triumph Tiger list  way back when the Girly bike came out and naturally he was a steamer pilot. Which BTW is where the name steamer came from

Bixxer Bob

Best we contact him for advice then,,,,  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

ArcticTiger

Yeah. "Beaker" would absolutely be a suitable name.
And the 2 gentlemen apearing in the end of the Muppet show video are probably Tiger-riders too.....
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Tiger-G

Quote from: "JetdocX"Then stop building curvy bikes with mascara over the headlights.   :roll:  :P

Funny !  :D
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bixxer Bob

Early Girlies had mascara, later ones didn't.  Look here:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,23&start=0
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

It seems we have a name, "Beaker" suits it to a tee
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

jphish

"Here Kitty Kitty" or...I think 'HELLO KITTY' sounds pretty manly. Plus the stickers & farkles are are already available.

KuzzinKenny

I was thinkin it should be called ' Red Herring ' but one has been spotted on the road !! then i thought it should be called ' The Teaser ' as thats what Triumph have been do'in with there ads !! so i'll just have to agree with the others who named it.......

Beaker !!    :ImaPoser

KK

ps STOP PULLIN OUR CHAINS MR TRIUMPH !!!!!!!!!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly