News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Beaker?

Started by Tiger-G, October 06, 2010, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "Birdy68"I like the nickname 'Addies' - as in 'The Adventure Bikes'
You have the normal 'Addie' and you have the 'sXC-Addie'

So there's:
- Steamers
- Girlies
- Roadies
&
- Addies

Then in 2012/2013 there'll be the 1200 ccm 'Grand-Addie'

:)

I like the Grand-addie because if BMW owners trade in for it there'll be lots of pipes & slippers about. :oops:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Mustang

BEAKER IS WINNING BY A LANDSLIDE [/size] :shock:  :ImaPoser

here's some more options in the poll !

Bixxer Bob

Problem is, I voted Beaker before Addie was added.  I'd go for Addie now givenr the chance.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HappyMan

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Problem is, I voted Beaker before Addie was added.  I'd go for Addie now givenr the chance.

Same here.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

tett

Beaker is still the best.  Addie???  naaa
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

JasonS

I dislike all of them... none of them connect with the other to me except

Laddie

but I'm a yank..
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

blacktiger

Is this finished? Beaker is something a kid has a drink in. Terrible name for a bike.

I've decided the name should be GOAT because the acronyms are endless to describe this bike.
Goes On All Terrain.
Goes Over Any Track.
Great Offroad Adventure Tiger.
Goes Offroad And Tarmac.
etc. etc.

Anyone else agree?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

cdubya

I'm with you BT, GOAT should be considered.
06 Girly

Nick Calne

The existing tigers are the steamer, Girly and the (highly imaginative) roadie.  Which are, let's face it, not sensible or even particularly tough, exciting sounding names.  Other bikers ride fazers, bandits, hogs, blades, gixers, ninjas and so on.  I don't think we should try and make macho names to compete - I think we have a point of difference and it is our ridiculousness.  Girly, I ask you!!!???!  And for the record a 'steamer' round our way means a big pile of hot smelly crap - which, sometimes, I have to admit, when it breaks down, may just be a valid comparison.   :Topes

We need to think of a name even more ridiculous than Beaker or I suggest Beaker is the winner and we close the poll and the legacy of stupidity continues!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"And for the record a 'steamer' round our way means a big pile of hot smelly crap - which, sometimes, I have to admit, when it breaks down, may just be a valid comparison.   :Topes

and that is exactly how the term steamer came to be when Johann called Jeremy's tiger a steamer on the Yahoo Tiger Forum  years ago .....and from that day on it just kinda stuck .

JetdocX

Quote from: "nickcalne"legacy of stupidity continues!

I wouldn't have it any other way, Nick! :lol:
From parts unknown.

Colonel Nikolai

For me, the name sticks. It just has latched into my brain and it will be hard to unlatch it.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

cdubya

Now that I see them side by side, the resemblance is uncanny!  :ImaPoser
06 Girly

Mustang

I think Beeker fits it ............after all Triumph chose to put that silly beak on it like a GS

cdubya

Another plausible suggestion over at TRAT was presented:
GOAT for the the Tiger 800 and MOUNTAIN GOAT for the Tiger 800 XC.
Not bad, but beaker is still pretty accurate and endearing IMO.  :lol:
06 Girly