News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ABS

Started by bill1111, October 20, 2010, 06:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill1111

Hi New menber- ride a 2005 1200 gs
Looking at maybe downsiZing to 800 if lighter and same or more hp

somewhere on this site or other triple site  read a topic on abs mostly written by guy who have never had a bike with abs , who did no looking into testing done on abs early on [ in germany] and only parroted what was written on adv rider and others.

so here is my take = only have 46000 miles wit abs , but it saved my ass at least twice . in northern wi. we have whitetail deer which scoot out right in front of you and I mean right in front of you .
No matter who you are- thinking you will ease in the rear brake and then calmly use the fronts is bsing your self
in testing in germany, riders with roadracing exp , moderate exp , and new riders were given tests on stopping .
abs was a lifesaver- the roadracer type could beat abs but not by much and when they sprayed water on the road- abs did better
it would be nice if your brain was as fast as a computer but its not
someone actually wrote he would let off on the brakes then get back on them.
down side wt - complex - price
so its not all roses
it just drives me nuts when i read what people who have not use go on & on about how bad they are

i promise I will not post again about this now then i have got it off my chest
  Bill

Mustang

Quote from: "bill1111"Hi New menber- ride a 2005 1200 gs
Looking at maybe downsiZing to 800 if lighter and same or more hp

somewhere on this site or other triple site  read a topic on abs mostly written by guy who have never had a bike with abs , who did no looking into testing done on abs early on [ in germany] and only parroted what was written on adv rider and others.

so here is my take = only have 46000 miles wit abs , but it saved my ass at least twice . in northern wi. we have whitetail deer which scoot out right in front of you and I mean right in front of you .
No matter who you are- thinking you will ease in the rear brake and then calmly use the fronts is bsing your self
in testing in germany, riders with roadracing exp , moderate exp , and new riders were given tests on stopping .
abs was a lifesaver- the roadracer type could beat abs but not by much and when they sprayed water on the road- abs did better
it would be nice if your brain was as fast as a computer but its not
someone actually wrote he would let off on the brakes then get back on them.
down side wt - complex - price
so its not all roses
it just drives me nuts when i read what people who have not use go on & on about how bad they are

i promise I will not post again about this now then i have got it off my chest
  Bill
nice first post  

Bixxer Bob

OIH!  Bill!  When you've calmed down a bit, fill your profile in a bit so we at least know which side of the Atlantic you reside.  

Welcome by the way, and don't worry about being a GSser we won't mention it  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

bill1111

live in northern wi
 I am calmer now
ride a GS looking to buy a 800 but which one is the question.
bill

MtheTiger

Welcome Bill

Some say wisdom comes with age :)
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Sin_Tiger

You're in a calm place and among friends, close your eyes, relax, stretch yoru arms out in front of you, feel the air on your eyelids and repeat the mantra  :5moped  :5moped  :5moped  :qgreenjumpers
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint