News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Tiger 995i rear brake lever

Started by 60stonuptype, November 18, 2010, 05:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60stonuptype

OK Guys, here's todays silly topic.  When I ride, my size 12s barely cover the extreme right edge of the pressure surface of the rear brake lever, even with the boot pressed hard up against the crankcase.  This makes for a really sloppy connection between boot and brake pedel.  The consequence is that I tend to do most of my braking with the front brake, the result of which is that the front tyre is exhibiting signs of "cupping"  

The answer would appear to be to remove the lever and crank it out a bit to the right, but I'm loath to do this without seeking the advice of the group.  Does anybody else have this problem?  Is there an aftermarket "pre-cranked" pedal available?

As usual, all comments are gratefully received.

Timbox2

Have a look at the earlier tiger brake pedal ( Spoke wheels), although the later one may look nicer I reckon the earlier one may help,
2016 Tiger Sport

iansoady

Even that one's not very wide and I sometimes find my size 12s slipping off it. I keep meaning to make an extension but the list of jobs extends faster than I get round to them....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

60stonuptype

Thanks fellas, much appreciate the help and suggestions.  I think I'm going to try and find the earlier pedal, it looks like a real brake pedal.  Do any of you guys have any leads to bike breakers either in the UK or USA??

Brian

Timbox2

Quote from: "60stonuptype"Thanks fellas, much appreciate the help and suggestions.  I think I'm going to try and find the earlier pedal, it looks like a real brake pedal.  Do any of you guys have any leads to bike breakers either in the UK or USA??

Brian

Ive seen those pedals come up regularly on ebay
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

Late reply and you've probably solved your issue.

However, I had the same problem and solved it by adding a piece of 3mm alloy sheet, bolting it on top of the pedal and extending outwards by about 25mm.
If you look underneath the pedal it has a valley just wide enough for a nut to sit in. So, you get your alloy sheet, shape it how you want, clamp it onto the pedal and drill two holes, centred along the valley, from the underside through both bits. Countersink the alloy plate on the top and bolt it on using nyloc nuts. I used M4 countersink bolts.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.