News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I don't know about this new 800

Started by tazshido, December 25, 2010, 10:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I do really like the fact that Triumph have decided to bring out the two different models, one more street oriented and another more for the dirt, the XC model (did I get that right?) does seem to be awefully inspired by the BMW F800GS, right down to the guages. If I can only have one bike, I have to say that I'll have to stick to my 2006 Girley. It's also going to be really expensive to outfit it for adventure touring as Triumph seems to be competing with H-D and BMW for the honors of most expensive accessories.
Maybe if I end up buying a T-bird Storm or Rocket III I could be happy with the new 800 Tiger as a SECOND bike.
Now, how about that 1200 Tiger everybody has been hoping for?
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Tiger-G

Hi,

I've had a Triumph Tiger since they were introduced in 1993, and I'm onto my fourth now which is a 955.

I've been pretty p!ssed off with Triumph for a while now, since they went off on a tangent and introduced the 1050 road only Tiger.

The modern incarnation of the Triumph Tiger is a "Big Trailie", a big comfortable dual sports bike with a long range tank and good load lugging ability. In my opinion, you don't just drop that concept and turn it into a road bike !

So first they turn the Tiger into a road only bike, and now they turn it into a smaller "Medium Trailie" with a limited range and less powerful engine. I just don't understand their logic ??

The sooner they get back on track and get the Tiger back to it's original form the better. Hopefully, the Tiger 1200 will do that. A big dual sports bike with long range, a powerful engine and the ability to carry big loads.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Nick Calne

I'd love a new 800 xc.  I think it's spot on, just what I want.  Will buy when the steamer finally gives up... 8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

skoron

I really miss my Steamer and never thought I would have accepted a Girly but I really enjoy my '06 especially when two up.  But, I would love to have a 800XC next to my Girly as a way to get back to a manageable adventure bike. Too bad they couldn't copy engineer a tubeless radial like BMW (or pay the copyright like Aprilia did) for the spoke rim.

Not ready to look at a Super Tenere.  I specifically did not go to the CW shows in case they did have one.  :wink:

Still miss my Steamer.
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

NKL

Nothing can be a true offroad bike unless it has a dry sump, or two stroke
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

John Stenhouse

So the new Norton is a true off road bike...........it has a dry sump!  :?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "NKL"Nothing can be a true offroad bike unless it has a dry sump, or two stroke

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"So the new Norton is a true off road bike...........it has a dry sump!  :?

Fight  :twisted:  fight :twisted:  fight :twisted:  fight......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Longest I've looked at the new 800 is the amount of time it took me to walk past it when it was on the turntable at the NEC show,I'm sure it'll appeal to some,but certainley not me.

blacktiger

Sat on both models at the dealer launch last night and they're a nice place to be. If one of them combines the touring ability of my 955 with the dirt manageability of my Scrambler then I'm in for one.
I'm erring towards the "road" model because it's lower and has tubeless tyres and will be better on the......er......road where most bikes spend 99.9% of their time.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.