News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger Swing arm colour

Started by Biglad, January 02, 2011, 10:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biglad

Hi All, just bought my first Girly Tiger 955i from 2001, expecting to pick her up next weekend. By doing a bit of research online and gathering some general info, I noticed that the swing arm on most examples that i find images of online is black, whilst it seems to be aluminium on the one I bought?

I haven't actually seen the bike in real life, a good friend and motorcycle enthousiast checked her out on my behalf as she is about a 4 hour drive from me.

Any thoughts on this?
2001 955i Roulette Green

Chris Canning

The previous owner had stripped the anodising off then.

Biglad

Quote from: "Chris Canning"The previous owner had stripped the anodising off then.

Hi Chris, am I right in saying that as standard the swing arm would have been black anodised aluminium?

It's the lime green and black colour combination but that I suppose made no difference.

Thanks for the quick reply.
2001 955i Roulette Green

matts23

I would say more like charcoal gray.  My 2002 swingarm is not black but it is not shiny aluminum color either.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

chairhead

Maybe its a swingarm from another Triumph?,
the only way ive heard to remove the anodising is polishing,
but why do that when the bikes got a black frame :?: , questions need to be asked Biglad,
good luck and let us know how you get on :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Biglad

Maybe I'm just suffering from pre-delivery nerves lol, the images the seller put up weren't great, I had a nother close look yesterday evening and it's just very hard to tell if the bike is just very dirty. I'll put the "panic" on hold till I go and collect, no money handed over yet so could still make a final decision once I get there. I do know that the bike has not had any "incidents" which is kinda reassuring...

Link to the ad, have a look at the image of the rhs (when on the bike);

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1699822

Like i said, pictures taken after a run on the back roads, just dirty maybe?
2001 955i Roulette Green

chairhead

Biglad,
if im not mistaken that swingarm is black,black and dirty :lol: ,there is however a glare from the chainguard that looks to be a bit silvery-ish,
so maybe this is what you saw :roll:  :lol:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Mustang

agree......... looks like a stock Girly .just a crappy cell phone picture!

Biglad

Cheers all, I'll give her a good tidy up when I get her and post some fresh pictures afterwards!!
2001 955i Roulette Green

KuzzinKenny

Hey Biglad !! hope the Tigger's as good as the owner say's it is !!  :thumbsup

this should get you up to speed with the bike !!

http://www.hermys.com/triumph/tiger/2001/

have fun !!

KK

ps Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

zombie2

Quote from: "Biglad"Cheers all, I'll give her a good tidy up when I get her and post some fresh pictures afterwards!!

that thing is stock so no worries.
Thats short money on that, recession really hurting folks I guess
What part of Ireland ya in.
I'm a transplanted dub living stateside and I've got a 2001 same as yours.
Used to be lime green till I got me grubby mitts on it

Biglad

Howdy Zombie, I'm in Co. Donegal. I'm collecting her tomorrow. Just to make things worse I paid nowhere near the asking price in the ad, but then I was selling my own and got the same, nowhere near my asking price. In the end I sold my BMW at silly money as I could buy the Tiger back for the same silly money, times are shitty overhere.

I was committed to a TDM at first but the whole market is on it's backside overhere and the TDM had to come from the UK, just worked out to expensive for what it was. I'm delighted that I came across the Tiger, always loved the look of those and it will carry my 6ft4" frame without hassle, and like I said, really silly money.
2001 955i Roulette Green

zombie2

Quote from: "Biglad"Howdy Zombie, I'm in Co. Donegal. I'm collecting her tomorrow. Just to make things worse I paid nowhere near the asking price in the ad, but then I was selling my own and got the same, nowhere near my asking price. In the end I sold my BMW at silly money as I could buy the Tiger back for the same silly money, times are shitty overhere.

I spent a fair bit of time off the donegal coast in the early 80's  , around Killybegs , rathmullan and moville.
Your Tiger is perfect for the roads around there have fun and enjoy
cheers Mick.
I left when there were no jobs and it looks like things have gone full circle.

Biglad

Depends on the kind a business you're in, but things are not good in general. My "work" is currently mostly in the UK and mainland Europe which kind of suits me being Dutch, Donegal is just the place where I live at the moment, no business for us here at all at the moment. What exactely do you mean with "of the coast"?

yeah I think the Tiger is the job for around here. Roads have always been pritty poor and since the latest cold spell they got even worse...
We're leaving at 7AM tomorrow to head for Wicklow, I'm as excited as a little boy at Xmas ha ha
Can't wait to see if the fuel mods were done or not, forgot to ask, and can't wait to get my paws all over here.
2001 955i Roulette Green

Mustang

Quote from: "Biglad"We're leaving at 7AM tomorrow to head for Wicklow, I'm as excited as a little boy at Xmas ha ha.........

wait till you ride it and you can't wipe the shit eating grin off your face  :mrgreen: