News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger Swing arm colour

Started by Biglad, January 02, 2011, 10:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biglad

@ Bixxer Bob; I've had a good look at the chain after I cleaned it and there are no visible tight spots or broken links/plates. When spinning the back wheel the chain seems to run smooth over the sprockets. At this moment in time it really is down to funds. I'd rather do the brakes first, back and front as they are due and change the oil and filter. A chain and sprocket set would probably set me back another 150 Euro or so...not sure what to do.

I suppose it's the original chain and sprockets that are on the bike. The Scott Oiler would have looked after the components for the first 16K miles and the chancer I bought the bike of probably let the oil run out on it and that was it...The plates on the chain links have VM stamped on them.

Don't wory about the pint, I'll buy you one anyway!! Have you any idea what part no those rubber supports are?

@ Zombie; They are metal afaik. I've seent he same connections (red and silver) in a post or two in the sticky about tank removal. The discussion that arose there was which goes on top, red or silver, it's silver.
These might be the replacements put in by the Dealer, the ones you used are from the sticky I suppose. Somebody might enlighten us.

I must say I'm very happy with the dismanteling so far. The tank came of easy enough and it gave me plenty of room for cleaning the underneath bits. Air filter was out and seems fine, gave it a good shake and a blow ha ha and put it back.
2001 955i Roulette Green

Chris Canning

It's not the male fittings, they were recall(those in the picture are alloy),it's the female they most certainley were not and their the hassle.

Show us a photo of tank with the female fittings

Tight spots on a normal bike are a problem,on a tiger you run it that slack anyway,all a tight spot will do is take up some of the slack :wink:

And yes just re thread the pipes back down.

Biglad

Quote from: "Chris Canning"It's not the male fittings, they were recall(those in the picture are alloy),it's the female they most certainley were not and their the hassle.

Show us a photo of tank with the female fittings

Tight spots on a normal bike are a problem,on a tiger you run it that slack anyway,all a tight spot will do is take up some of the slack :wink:

And yes just re thread the pipes back down.

Hi Chris, the female fittings are plastic (picture). I should change those then yeah? Are the parts needed easy to come by in the UK?
Males are alu alright.

PM'd you about chain and sprockets on the off chance you still have the ones you were offering up for sale in November...
2001 955i Roulette Green

Chris Canning

Yep their the ones :evil: ,they are bad Karma,if they ain't broken, probably will when you take them out.

TomParker
01256 330033

Part Number
LCD100040V

And the joke is their cheaper than genuine Triumphm plastic ones,I have a brand new pair and frankly wouldn't sell them,their a liability,mine broke while on the road,how the hell they never killed me I'll never know.

Biglad

Chris, are the new parts a direct replacement for the plastic bits? I've just been reading through the sticky on the fittings mod and it looks as if I would need to transplant something from the plastic fittings to the new metal ones?

I can imagine how disasterous these parts failing whilst on the road would be...
2001 955i Roulette Green

Chris Canning

Straight replacement,screw or dig the originals out and screw the new ones in.

Biglad

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Straight replacement,screw or dig the originals out and screw the new ones in.

I'll give Tom a call tomorrow, many thanks Chris. I'll come back to you ref the C+S.
2001 955i Roulette Green

Biglad

Ordered the metal fittings for the fuel tank today, thanks Chris, and ordered brake pads (front and rear), oil filter + tool and few other bit's and pieces.

Think I have a chain and numerous sprockets organized (mine actually ahs 18/46 combo on, panic over) as well.

Using the fact that the tank is removed to clean the bike thoroughly, she's starting to come round...
2001 955i Roulette Green

Biglad

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I don't think they are the grommets from the front you know are missing, I think they are the tank mounting rubbers that the tank slides onto as you push it forward and down when mounting it. I just checked in my Haynes book of lies.  And I'll put a beer on the right one being missing. :wink:

This one probably:

Anybody been able to give these bad boys a name or locate them in the parts catalogue? Would really like to get my hands on 2 new ones...
2001 955i Roulette Green

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "Biglad"Any other advice or links to salvagers/parts suppliers are welcome. Sory for all the newbee gobbledygook but I'll get more professional as I go along, promise.

theres online parts diagrams here which might help   :wink:

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... ts_locator

Hey Biglad !! as NeilD has said........

16   PFKL2012374   BUSH, TANK MOUNT   £1.26   (€1.52)

be worth a phone call to check first !!   :wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly