News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

why chain kit, 2 service mannuals?

Started by Dennisra12, October 12, 2004, 04:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennisra12

Why does the Tiger have "a chain and sprocket" as an accessory?

Why are there 2 service mannuals?

one is $70 and one is $208 ?
2005 Tiger

1968 Tiger

Patrick the Scot

Chain and spockets will be needed in the future as the bike gets ridden.  All chain drives need to be replaced eventually, and sooner than later on two wheelers that see dirt, sand, etc.  I suppose Triumph saw an obvious profit center from selling replacements. Is this not taken care of in the parts department? Or is there something special about the chain and spocket listed in the catalog? I don't know. But good question.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

echoyankee

To follow what's already here...

I understand that it's almost always chain and sprockets that are changed at the same time.  Barring some weird failure of one component, it makes sense to have both replaced at the same time.

The manuals?

I dunno.  I'm thinking about acquiring one of my own in the not too distant future and so I'm interested in the answer to that one as well.

Best,

echoyankee

Quote from: "Dennisra12"Why does the Tiger have "a chain and sprocket" as an accessory?

Why are there 2 service mannuals?

one is $70 and one is $208 ?

Chain & sprocket kits :- so that Triumph dealers can fit them at service time and charge you an arm & a leg!

Service manuals :- don't quote me on this but seeing the difference in price I would guess that the cheap one just covers the routine servicing. the dearer one covers absolutely everything i.e. complete strip down.