News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new 2010 heading my way can one fit a YOSHIMURA RS3 can on?

Started by ramseybella, January 09, 2011, 09:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Well I sold my love 1998 900 and now have saved $4500 to put down on a used 2010 2300 mile 1050 Tiger for $11000 out the door ABS and side bags, Motor crash bars White.
Planning on a few mods wind screen, heated grips maybe some nice Aluminum bars get rid of the chrome ones.

Was wondering if anybody fitted a YOSHIMURA RS3 can on a 1050 triumph motor they are dirt cheap now and I love the way they are built, perform and sounded on my ZRX 1200.

Seems like a 1200 Yoshi can with some mounting mods would work weld a bolt on mount from another bike to the Tiger header?
 Never the less I know it's not a real dual sport but it was a good price with two year factory covered.

ccherry

welcome to the 1050 world.  you buying from PJs??

if you haven't already, check out tiger1050.com as lots more info over there for our bikes.....
carter

ramseybella

Quote from: "ccherry"welcome to the 1050 world.  you buying from PJs??

if you haven't already, check out tiger1050.com as lots more info over there for our bikes.....
carter

Have not bought it yet, Yes PJ's I like them guys but man they won't budge on lowering the prices even if you offer the full amount in cash.

I am thinking on one of the two SE models for the extra $2000 I get ABS, a rear trunk, side bags tour wind screen heated grips hand guards and extra power outlet 400 miles on it I am going to test ride it Friday or Saturday just wondering how much warranty is left on it.

The rental one I was first looking at has ABS side bags crash bars gel seat 2000 miles for $11000 out the door?

I signed up on tiger1050.com but hve not did much with it yet.

ccherry

Yea, they are definitely "proud" of their bikes and don't really deal much on price.  I bought mine in AZ but that dealer is out of business now.  PJs has done a great job for me on service though.  Don't think you could go wrong with any of them, enjoy the test ride!

ramseybella

Quote from: "ccherry"Yea, they are definitely "proud" of their bikes and don't really deal much on price.  I bought mine in AZ but that dealer is out of business now.  PJs has done a great job for me on service though.  Don't think you could go wrong with any of them, enjoy the test ride!

Looks like I am going for the $11000 White Tiger full 2 year factory covered, the SE only has six months left Like the SE color but I will feel better with two years.

Guess I lay down the cash this weekend still a lot of money but I am tired of used bikes.

ccherry

cool, give me a shout when it warms up and we'll do the Jemez/LA/SF/Bern loop or something.  (i ride when it's cold but not where there's possibility of ice/snow)

$11K is decent price from them.  they had a left over 08, non-abs, when i bought mine and they would only come down to $10800 with the side cases thrown in by Triumph.  Wasn't a demo but had been on the floor for at least 9 months, this was late April 09, hard to believe i'm coming up on 2 years with mine (7500 miles so far).
ride safe
carter

ramseybella

Quote from: "ccherry"cool, give me a shout when it warms up and we'll do the Jemez/LA/SF/Bern loop or something.  (i ride when it's cold but not where there's possibility of ice/snow)

$11K is decent price from them.  they had a left over 08, non-abs, when i bought mine and they would only come down to $10800 with the side cases thrown in by Triumph.  Wasn't a demo but had been on the floor for at least 9 months, this was late April 09, hard to believe I'm coming up on 2 years with mine (7500 miles so far).
ride safe
carter

Sounds great I just need to find a way to get up my steep driveway sheet of Ice I will most likely get a bag of salt and make a path.

Any issues since you had it, any mods also how is the lighting at night?
Loved my Steamer twin lights and a set of PIA's Super Nova up in the Jamez spot elk a block away.

ccherry

well you had to ask so here goes:

lights suck so either add HIDs or Aux lights if you plan to ride in the dark.  I did both.......(only low beam HID though)

also added the following (probably forget something):
SW Motech Evo side and top racks, Givi e360 side and V46 top case (with Admore LED brake and turn signals)
SW Motech crash bars
SW Motech up and back bar risers
lowering links
cut down the stock seat (have a spare also) use a sheepskin all the time and gel pad for long days
as mentioned Aux lights, currently cheapo's from walmart but have a set of LEDs to install
"Judd" belly pan
Marine Cigarette lighter outlet
Oxford heated grips
Bags connection tank bag(s)
GPS sometimes
3 windscreens - ZG dark smoke Double Bubble for summertime, alternate bac and forth between a ZG dark smoke touring screen and a Cee Baileys +4.5 Euro for winter.  also have the stocker but don't use it.
BMC air filter
Beowulf Rad and Oil cooler guards
Triumph Center Stand
probably forgetting something but that's most of it

was going to add a Leo Vince pipe but ran out of money.......

ramseybella

Quote from: "ccherry"well you had to ask so here goes:

lights suck so either add HIDs or Aux lights if you plan to ride in the dark.  I did both.......(only low beam HID though)

also added the following (probably forget something):
SW Motech Evo side and top racks, Givi e360 side and V46 top case (with Admore LED brake and turn signals)
SW Motech crash bars
SW Motech up and back bar risers
lowering links
cut down the stock seat (have a spare also) use a sheepskin all the time and gel pad for long days
as mentioned Aux lights, currently cheapo's from walmart but have a set of LEDs to install
"Judd" belly pan
Marine Cigarette lighter outlet
Oxford heated grips
Bags connection tank bag(s)
GPS sometimes
3 windscreens - ZG dark smoke Double Bubble for summertime, alternate bac and forth between a ZG dark smoke touring screen and a Cee Baileys +4.5 Euro for winter.  also have the stocker but don't use it.
BMC air filter
Beowulf Rad and Oil cooler guards
Triumph Center Stand
probably forgetting something but that's most of it

was going to add a Leo Vince pipe but ran out of money.......

How hard was it to install the wiring with the HID and Aux lights and Aux plug in? thinking about hooking up heated grips but am a bit color blind with the small stuff like wires.
 looking at the Laminar LIP as well.

ccherry

wiring wasn't too bad, which reminds me, also have a Centech AP1 panel under the seat with relay.  lights and grips wired to that.  had to take the tank loose to run wires underneath but might be able to do it without.  put a switch on the right side cockpit for the aux lights.

the hid's require you to drill the bulb "cover" - a piece of plastic - to run the wires through.  placing the ballast up underneath the fairing works.  good info on that on the tiger 1050 site with lots of pics and instructions.

also have throttle meister and and barkbuster hand guards that i forgot to mention earlier.