News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm doomed!!

Started by advBob, October 13, 2004, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advBob

Found this site the other day.  I've been interested in the Tiger for a few weeks now and after yesterday I'm screwed.....I sat on a new '05.  Really a nice bike but seemed to be a little low.  The hight of the seat hits me about mid thigh (I'm 6'4", 34" inseam) whereas my XR hits me waist level.

Now this might not be a big issue but wondering if it is high enough for the back roads.  I've seen lots of photos and stood next to another Tiger and none seemed that low.  I know the Tiger can handle the back country but wondering if this particular bike is sitting too low.  Even with this small issue, I liked the feel of the bike and will be looking for a good used one.

I've got a '00 XR650R that is dual sported and tagged in Texas.  I really like it; however, I don't think it is the bike I need.  I ride highways and backroads and also fire roads...some of them pretty rough.  I want something I can load up (solo) and ride cross country, hit some backroads, gravel, a few out of the way fire roads.  The XR is ok on the highway but would wear me out within 3 or 4 hours.  Backroads it is great.  But it can't carry much in the way of gear so is limited to day trips.

Any way, I'm going to be looking for a 955 sometime about Feb or March unless I stumble across a great deal.....and someone who wants to trade for an XR.

I'm going to do a trip from Dallas, to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, then up into Utah & Idaho and back thru Wyoming and Colorado.  About 2 weeks.  Probably in early to mid September 2005.
Bob

\'00 XR650R Dual Sport

\'00 LTi

Garland, Tx

Sasquatch

The Tiger handles rough just fine, once you learn what it wants from it's rider.  See my ride reports in the ride report sections.

The Tiger is also excellent long distance.  My longest day was 742 miles from Colorado Springs, CO, through Jackson Hole, WY and finishing in Arco, ID.

advBob

I've seen your ride reports and photos.....wish I could live in that type of country....maybe someday.

My longest day has been 775 miles from Dallas to Salida, Co...but that was on my LT.

The Tiger I sat on yesterday seemed comfortable enough I could do it on it too.

I've been trying to decide on the right bike and it is not easy.  My choices were narrowed to the 1150GS, KTM 950 s, Caponord or Tiger.  I've decided the Tiger really fits what I want from a bike.

Now, I just have to come up with the money......LT will be paid off in Jan so Feb or March I will be on the hunt.
Bob

\'00 XR650R Dual Sport

\'00 LTi

Garland, Tx

newmanr19

two words

"bar risers"

and maybe some peg lowering thingys

oh, and did you check if the seat was set at the high setting?  it's adjustable in case you wern't aware

Gojira

Are there such beasties as peg lowering thingies available for the Tiger (particularly the 2005)?  I would like to get a bit more leg stretch without raising the seat or trying to add highway pegs.