News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ze Germans are at it again... selection boxes

Started by Biglad, January 28, 2011, 03:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biglad

Aldi has the type of selection boxes in stock that I like!! They do two boxes with O-rings, metric sizes and imperial sizes. Question; is most of this stuff on the Tiger (like the ones on the fuel connections) metric or imperial?

There are split pins as well (mild steel) and other bits and pieces.
2001 955i Roulette Green

iansoady

I bought a box of their O rings a couple of years ago and have yet to find anything any of them fit.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Biglad

Quote from: "iansoady"I bought a box of their O rings a couple of years ago and have yet to find anything any of them fit.

Lol, which ones did you get metric (yellow box) or imperial (blue box)...

I left with the bit's set, picking hook thingys (would have been great for getting plastic out of threads of fuel fittings) but left the O-rings...
2001 955i Roulette Green

Bixxer Bob

you also get those boxes on tool stalls at boot sales for about the asme price.  Also, our local cash and carry sells them.  The box of assorted spade fuses is good, you can't buy cheaper... :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"The box of assorted spade fuses is good, you can't buy cheaper... :wink:

Err, I can, I put down that box today cos it was too expensive, mine are 5p a pop from the local motor factors. OK no box and no nice little tool for taking them out, but only about seven fuses per section and six sections.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Biglad

Things can be hard to find around here at times, especially if it's not bog standard. You get tired of having to order everything in. A little selection of O-rings can make the difference between out riding or waiting on a little parcel for a week lol.

No more spending money now, gathering up the cash for my crash bars and C+S which I hope to pick up in the UK shortly.
2001 955i Roulette Green

blacktiger

Quote from: "Biglad"Question; is most of this stuff on the Tiger (like the ones on the fuel connections) metric or imperial?

Everything on Hinckley Triumphs will be metric BUT don't use those "O" rings on your fuel connectors because the petrol will rot them and you'll have a leak in no time. The fuel ones need to be a "Viton" material or similar which is resistant to fuel.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.