News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Elefantentreffen/Taurentreffen 2011 part 1

Started by chairhead, February 03, 2011, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

Maybe some of read of my problems in the thread Help!!!!!??,
here are a few photos of my trip to Germany and Austria report to which part of it belongs,

Sunday saw me leave for these two rally's,
and about 20 mins later return on only two cylinders,to cut a long story short i changed the plugs with new hoping it would cure all,alas it did'nt,
so monday morning dawned i went to the local Triumph dealer,suffice to say a coil pack had gone tits up and a spare was taken from a showroom bike,i popped back home and put the rest of the bike back together,ran upstairs and booked another ferry(missed the original one)that done i once again was on route to the ferry in Dover,i got there in good time with no issues,indeed the rest of the onward trip was trouble free.

from the Autobahn to the elefant site took a record 4 hours,in the end the snow chain came out,the Heidenau k60 catspaw was useless front and rear,you can see here that the light is fading,visability was very poor,and it was on the cool side :lol:

this pic at the entrance to the site in pitch darkness

the next morning and after a few cans,i slept very well this night

Me on the left with a mixture of Dutch,German and Welsh lads

Here is a view from where our tents were pitched,we got there early so very few tents were up at this point,usually all you can see from this point is smoke and tents :D it really is like a refugee camp :lol:

Here are a few images for you to smile at

The last one is a fire extinguisher stove,very cool i thought.

i took loads more photos but none of them Tiger related,more sidecar stuff im sorry.

Our group stayed here until Thursday morning and then left for the Taurentreffen in Austria.
More to follow
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

Excellent, but fully mental.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"Excellent, but fully mental.

:D my thourghts too!

cool (!) pics.. interested to see some more (even if no Tigers on view)

CoolHandLuke

That looks fucking excellent.

John Stenhouse

Totally mad, but more power to you! Hope you get Tigger back soon
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TheMule

Too COOL!  (Pun intended)  :shock:
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825