News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I think I'm done with owning Triumphs

Started by tazshido, February 21, 2011, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

What a Bummer. I'd be pissed also. That dealer ripped you good. The 18,000 mi check is a 'tweener' .... I think he did the 600, 12,000, and 18,000 mi all at once a nd double charged you for everything!
I would audit the bill very closely. ( then piss on it ). Get it out of your system... and forge ahead.

The Tiger is not a finicky bike. Rock solid motor & tranny; The brakes, the suspension, the alternater, and seat are a POS. I have an '06 also and for
several years have been convinced they 'threw it together with leftover parts because they were coming out with the 1050. I honestly think the '06 was intended to be the 1050 but wasn't quite ready so they went back to the '05 ... slapped on the 1050 heads and called it an '06.

In fact... look at the maintenance / service manuals and you will see most stop at 2005 . . . WTF !  

SO.... where does this leave you? You should be getting 42-46 mpg consistently at 70 mph. ( mountains maybe different )If you are doing that and the bike runs strong... you are in good shape. The other stuff... do it yourself or find a Tiger rider who can help... and 'gitrdun'.  Ride that bitch til she screams 'one-more-time' !  

There may be SOME good TRIUMPH dealers out there... but few and far between. Stop in the Triumph dealer in Denver.... I think he has a good reputation.  Keep in mind... Triumph has played games with dealers over the past several years and dumped several. In fact, Triumph is making some big moves at the dealer level. We may have abig surprise in our area.

I like.... and bitch about my '06.... but it's a good bike. It serves me well.
I treat it right and it returns the favor. I've done 1200 mile days, ridden goat trails for miles in WY, and run it thru the passes in CO 2-up without a hiccup. Treat it right... you'll be OK.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

NKL

The 06 has the 955 head It uses the 1050 cases which makes the plumbing a lot neater.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sasquatch

I wonder what Triumph is doing.  They just canned our local, and very good, Triumph dealer.  We believe it is because they also share the floor with BMW.

Sin_Tiger

Wish they'd can our local dealer (not MCS by the way) these guys have Guzzi, Aprillia, MV Augusta and just about anything else they think might sell Honda DN01 anybody? They don't know a Bonnie from their bollocks  :evil:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tazshido

"Personally, and don'take this the wrong way please, if I had just paid for all that work I'd be out there riding the rubber off it to enjoy my hard earned dosh and thinking it'll be another X k miles before it needs doing again."      Quote from Sin_tiger

I find that I agree and I have been doing just that. Riding to work and every other chance I get. Now that it is riding season, I have gotten back into the habit of STOMPING harleys into the pavement and laughing in their faces. GOD! what a bike. all this comfort AND the performance to show the world my,,,, um ,,, Tail lights. What the hell, If I have to become a mechanic or pay that much to own the best bike in the world, SO FREAKING BE IT!!!!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

JetdocX

Quote from: "tazshido"I find that I agree and I have been doing just that. Riding to work and every other chance I get. Now that it is riding season, I have gotten back into the habit of STOMPING harleys into the pavement and laughing in their faces. GOD! what a bike. all this comfort AND the performance to show the world my,,,, um ,,, Tail lights. What the hell, If I have to become a mechanic or pay that much to own the best bike in the world, SO FREAKING BE IT!!!!

ATTTABOY! :lol:
From parts unknown.

Colonel Nikolai

I did a valve clearance check for the first time on two 90's triumphs this winter. On the first one, I screwed up one of my cam caps. Mustang fixed it for me. The second one went like a walk in the park. I now feel like I can do this every winter and not have a problem. For that it was all worth it.

And the bike with 45k miles on it (my 96 Sprint) needed 2 shims changed by one setting. The Tiger, at 31k miles was PERFECT.

Depending on where you go, that's a $300-700 service PER BIKE. And you only have to learn it once. Totally worth it. Surprised you didn't try to do it on your own.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.