News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Worth checkin !!

Started by KuzzinKenny, March 01, 2011, 10:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

BIG BILL

KK, went out and checked mine as I only fitted covers in November but like the link said.. You never know.

Cheers KK for that.

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

jwray76

The affects of vibration can be quite impressive. On one of my cars I had a plastic line cut through a metal line due to vibration.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "jwray76"The affects of vibration can be quite impressive. On one of my cars I had a plastic line cut through a metal line due to vibration.

I would imagine this works like when we make a lapping tool in the machine shop.  In this case you use aluminium to lap steel because the aluminium is soft and picks up the abrasive which then abrades the steel.  In your case I think the plastic picked up grit and dirt which then abraded the harder steel which doesn't pick it up so readily.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...