News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cheap Tigers

Started by Chris Canning, October 24, 2004, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Bit of a bench mark in this weeks MCN here in the UK,955 Tiger with 17400 miles £3250,one thing you can say about Triumphs their a one way ticket price wise.

Chris

Brock

Unfortunately, yes. BUT.....there are never many for sale. Anyone noticed how many 1150 GS's appear in the same paper, and seem to take more than one week to sell, too?

With a new job that's doubled my daily commute to 26 miles each way (mainly rural A and B roads), I've got to say there's no other bike I'd rather be doing the journey on.

Let's all be grateful that Tigers are cheap!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Bike wise i feel the same,but i'm starting to realise financially that instead of P/xing my Tiger plus cash it's not much dearer to just go and buy another bike.looks like i'm going to have a garage full!!!.

Chris

BP_LONDON

Well, the Tiger is such a wonderful machine I think lower prices will open them up to more people, esp younger riders like myself (under 30). The more tigers out there the more accesories/parts etc. I'd rather have my Tigger and LOADS of spare cash for trips/consumables than a GS1200. Just had a look at a parked GS1200 and I can definitely say I prefer my Tiger by a long way. The new GS looks so, well, girly and plasticky. If anything, I prefer the looks of the 1150 over the 1200.

:lol:  :oops:

roller

Just saw an 05 model with 3000 miles on ebay for £5,000. Pity I already bought mine new, but good value for someone.

MIke

roller

Just saw an 05 model with 3000 miles on ebay for £5,000. Pity I already bought mine new, but good value for someone.

MIke

Chris Canning

The problem is BP if people like me arn't prepared to take a hit on the new price then people like you ain't going to get cheap secondhand ones it's as simple as that,i'd put £2500 aside towards a new Tiger and then thought sod it if put another 1500 i'll keep the tiger and buy another bike,but that isn't going to do Triumph any good is it.

I reckon my Tiger has lost more than half it's value in three years at least,by BM 1100s I bet hasn't lost £1500 over 5 years although i did buy it secondhand,don't get me wrong for covering distance i'd rate my Tiger as the best thing i've ever ridden and god knows that must be 40 bikes,i'm older than Brock!!!,maybe i'll go back to just buying secondhand which most of my bikes have been,and hope someone else is daft enough to buy new !!!.

But i do wish Triumph had come up with their version of a Multistrada,it would have gone down as well as the new ST is going to.

Chris

Brock

OLDER THAN BROCK? Bugger me, I didn't think anyone could be that old!

Called in at Wylies tonight and there's two spanky new Tigers in there...a BRG and a Silver. Both £6999. My '04 (spoked) one cost me £5,700 NEW (And it's BLACK!). I was just in the right place at the right time.

Well? (I hear you ask)

Buggered if I know, really.

Let's just be grateful there's still cheap Tigers to be had if you look around, both new and used.

[/b]
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein