News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New wheels

Started by ZANO, October 28, 2004, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZANO

I had the thought of getting the front hub relaced with a 18" wheel so I can put some stickyer rubber on it.

Has anyone tried this?

Mark

G'day Zano,

Haven't got around to a change of rubber, but like you I've done some research into getting some street rubber on my Tiger. From all accounts the handling is greatly improved.

If you check out Chris Cannings message in Accessories and Modifications under Bits and Bobs, he's got a picture of his Tiger and he's running Bridgestones 010's, I also know of a Tiger that's running Michelin Pilots with Dymag wheels. As for Chris's bike it looks like he's still running with the original wheels.

The setup I'm going for is the Dymag 5 spoke carbon with Michelin Pilots. Hope this helps.

Mark
Alcohol & Explosives the key to a happy relationship.

ZANO

The question i have about the Dymags is they don't list newer Tigers on their website.  

They only list '93-'96.

ZANO

Thanks

I just checked the Bridgestone website and the BT020's fit the Stock Tiger wheels.

zombie

I've got Dymags on my 2001 and the first set of tires I put on were sportec M1's but the wear life was atrocious so I am now running michelin pilots .

I have a pilot sport up front as they didn't have a pilot road in stock and a pilot road in the rear . I love the feedback from the tires especially in the wet and are great rubber and still plenty of life after 4thousand and a couple of track days on them.

ATDRS

Michelin Pilot Roads are suppose to be available in Tiger sizes after the new year if that helps.

russ_fae_fyvie

Just got a pair of them on my Tiger, the old Tournaces did 10,000 miles then neede replacing, as I do a lot of road work and have used the 020's before on my Blackbird thought I'd give them a go. Seem fine so far and with the weather getting crappy now I hope they stay like that !

Brock

Bridgestone have got a new tyre out for big traillies.

It's called the Battle Wing. Certainly looks the part...who's going to be the first to try it out?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein