News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TWO report - (Dec'04)

Started by ChrisN, October 29, 2004, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

Has anyone read the December issue of TWO yet? (UK mag)

It features a four bike ride down to southern France on a pig-shoot outing.

I don't think I'll be spoiling the end by telling you the Tiger comes third behind the GS1200 and KTM950 - yawn!! A Varadero makes up the numbers.

As usual the article contains several conflicting comments about the Tiger and at the end of the day the reviewers simply pick the bike that rings their bell. To me, this often hinges on their personal preference for looks and a pre-conceived idea of the badge on the tank.

Each time I read such a peice I tell myself not to take it too seriously. All the bikes here are capable in their own way and there isn't that much to choose between them but personal preference.

If I were lucky enough to be given their task I know which bike I would choose to make the trip.  But for once why can't THEY select the Tiger for top slot, just to even things out a little. And imagine the boost it would give forums such as this !!

OK, I'll go back to sleep now.....
Chris

max1198

I agree it gets very tiring.

I'm just starting to read "Long Way Round", and was very disapointed that when chosing their bikes for the trip they only looked at BMW, KTM and Honda (?). They adourned their bikes with English and Scottish flags so it would have been nice if they had considered the Tiger which is made right on their doorstep. Anyway enough ranting for a Saturday morning, I'm off out for a blast.

Patrick the Scot

If you want to check out more positive press then get a copy of Cycle World, December 2004, page 54.  The article is about the 2005 model and was very flattering to the Tiger.  Matter of fact, it was overly rosey in some instances, such as: "vibration isn't an issue and the wind protection is sufficient.."  Well...  it is vitually vibration free compared to many bikes (HD) and the wind protection is better than nothing.  It's a good read.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS