News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

One thing I hate about biking

Started by BP_LONDON, November 01, 2004, 12:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

is punctures. Got my 3rd puncture in 3 months now!!! How I whish tigers were tubeless, would be somuch easier to repair!

BP_LONDON

I've seen some wheel builders in the USA offer a conversion build for tubed, spoked tyres to tubeless....is there anyone in the UK/London who offers does this?

Badger

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"I've seen some wheel builders in the USA offer a conversion build for tubed, spoked tyres to tubeless....is there anyone in the UK/London who offers does this?

I have contacted Hagon and Brickwood rims in the past and neither of these offer this service. If you find anyone please let me know.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

BP_LONDON

Sasquatch

Seal your own spokes and go tubeless.  Easy.  And when you are done, you can recover from punctures like this in less than 15 minutes without even taking your helmet off.

SIBBO

Come on then tigerjay dont keep us all in suspenders  :lol:

How do we proceed with the conversion.

signed .......interested from UK.

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Come on then tigerjay dont keep us all in suspenders  :lol:

How do we proceed with the conversion.

signed .......interested from UK.

If I recall correctly Tigerjay removed tyres, removed tape inside rim, buffed everything down, sealed every spoke nipple with silicone (left 24hrs to dry) - then ran a bead of silicone down the middle, smoothed it down, applied rubber from tube all round rim (using silicone again), added more silicone around edges, left to dry 24hrs. Installed tyres and apparently it's all working fine. if I had somespace to do all this I'd do it this very weekend. :evil:

Sasquatch

Sorry for the delay, work interferred...

Yes, BP had it absolutly correct.  Thay is exactly what I did and it is working excellent.  It was easy enough that if I had to re-do it every 3-5 years, I would not complain.  But, I do have a nice shop...

Jay