News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch lever feeling a little 'tighter' than usual

Started by BP_LONDON, November 09, 2004, 09:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Should I be worried? I noticed the clutch lever feels a little harder to pull than usual? Is this a sign of problems to come? I've only noticed this today - was pretty OK during the Wales rideout. What can I check to make sure I'm not about to have a clutch cable failure? :o

sunny

If nothing is obstructing the cable, it probably needs some lube

cheers

SIBBO

You sure its not your fingers weakening after all those miles on sunday.My hands are a little stiff after the workout,as i am not used to using the clutch that much.

BP_LONDON

Hmmm, maybe maybe  :shock:  :D  :oops:

Sasquatch

I need to add something for discussion on this topic..

My 01 955 has a much tougher pull clutch than any other Tiger I have tried.  And that is alot of them.  I have a new clutch cable, and everything is routed right, flushed and lubed regularly.  I use a Motion-pro cable luber and have tried various lubricants from WD-40 (does not last long), to Chain Wax (gums up too quick).  I have settled on a teflon spray from ZEP.  But it is still probably 40% harder pull than any other Tiger.  Any suggestions?  (I keep the perch cleaned and lubricated as well)

ChrisN

Being an 01, it was probably one of the original pair of Tigers that all the others were bred from ?  Maybe not, sorry.
Chris

Kill Switch

Check to make sure the cable isn't frayed near the handle where you cannot see.  Mine started to get harder to pull and the cable snapped right on International Speedway Drive at Biketoberfest  in Daytona, Florida.  A nightmare.  No one had anything close that would work and I had to go back the next Tuesday and trailer the bike back home.  Not fun.

KS