News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What bikes do you wish you still owned?

Started by Tigertriple, April 18, 2011, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I know it's a bit self indulgent, but I was looking through some really old pics and found a few of my early bikes.

This was my Triton which I had in 1980 went like shit off a shovel but very low top speed due to being geared down. I could be wrong but I think the engine was bored out to an 850cc

My first liquid cooled bike was this Honda CX 500 I had this one in 1982 great old bike and they still fetch good money.

When I first got in to bikes I was in to motocross and trials and the one of my first road bikes in 1979 was a Yamaha DT175 at the time they were the dogs bollocks as they had  monoshock suspension. I had a few of these including a race tuned one which was amazing. Yes this is me when I was a young lad.

I don't know why, but I had a Honda 250 super dream in 1983. With all the fairing attached it would not pull you out of bed. More like a Nightmare than a super dream.

Well I hope I haven't bored you all to death  :D  :D  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Bixxer Bob

Mine was a YR5, and I still have one! :lol:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

If there were any bikes I wish I still had, it would probably only be from a monetary point of view.

Ok, Im not old enough to have had early Bonnies and the like, but I do remember having a go on a mates T140 in the late 70's, and I wasnt impressed that much, my 350 S2 kwak was quicker, and didnt rattle your fillings

Maybe the RG500 that nearly killed me in the mid 80's, but purely from a Nostalgic point of view again, and for the stroker smell.

Oh, and maybe the bike before the Tiger, the ol BM R1100S, although a bit agricultural I still think it was a very good allround package.
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

The one bike I wish I still had was also my very first .............

1973 RD350 YAMAHA

god I miss that bike it was incredibly fast and would embarrass anything stoplight to stoplight ..........bonnevilles were no match , it could run from anything ,especially as the road got twistier  :lol:

Nick Calne

This DT125R was my first and I miss it every day.  Sold it to fund the steamer purchase.

Am idly thinking about similar KTM 300 perhaps.... 8) [/img]
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

cosmo

Wish I still had this one:
Harley KR750. Genuine flattrack racer, modded for the road. Fast!!
Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Bixxer Bob

Are mudguards (fenders) not compulsory in USA?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Are mudguards (fenders) not compulsory in USA?
they are if you ride in the rain  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
seriuosly though it depends on the state , some do some don't , most do require them though

GavD

Which bike do I wish I still owned - all of them!!

Had various bikes over the years, bought for varyious reasons, but being a bit self indulgent I wish they were all still in the garage.

Saying that though can't see the point in having a '98 T595 and a 2000 955. So just to please the missus (in this fantasy) I'll drop the T595. She always says I love the bikes more than her, now I can prove her wrong.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JTT

Although it tried to kill me more than once, it's one race bike I wish I'd never let go.

2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

cosmo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Are mudguards (fenders) not compulsory in USA?

Technically, they are.
In reality, most of OUR plod are not that interested in writing for equipment violations, unless in a very bad mood.
In actuality, I was never cited for the lack of mudguards, or the utter lack of baffling in the pipes.

And if you've ever been to a flattrack race, that is EXACTLY how this bike sounded.  :D  :D  :D

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Dred

Many two wheeled memories, but a few I truly miss:

1980 Transalp ... stolen from my front yard (WDC) in 1981; finished pay'n for it in 1982.

1994 R100GSPD ... sold to buy a watercraft I never used ... just stupid.

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate ... I miss her, but not the 20 mpg (30 if I really, really behaved - read once) ... the wife misses here more, but the wife wouldn't let me spend on other projects 'cause she figured I didn't need other, less comfortable (for her) bikes.

I've owned at least a score of other bikes, but funny that two of the three I really miss were adventure bikes and the third was a tourer.  Funnier still that I can still remember a comparison test article which led me to the Transalp purchase - matched the Transalp against the Beemer and the Tigger.

That typed, I still have my Moto Guzzi Ambassador and I won't be lett'n her go.  Also in various states of repair in my personal boneyard are a Honda Magna, a Honda 400 Twin, a Suzi GS1000, and a Honda Elite Scooter.

abruzzi

Mine aren't that old:

2003 Royal Enfield. Totaled.

2006 Speed triple.  Traded in a moment of weakness.

2004 KTM 950.  If I had to get rid of all my bikes, and own only one, this did everything well.

Geof

Nick Calne

Jeez Geof you are breaking my heart!  They are some top bikes.  I'd miss 'em too!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tigertriple

My ST1300's were great bikes but not as much fun as the Tiger

This ST was an ex Cop bike which had the frame chopped.

I wish I still had the America as it was fun for cruising around on

Hello Tiger, goodbye America

Another cool cruiser was my 1997 Honda VT Shadow 750 I had this bike 2 years ago. Check out how well it looked for its age.

This 450 Yamaha enduro almost ended my biking days as I tore several muscles in my leg kickstarting it. The compression was so high is was a nightmare to start.

My first dare I call it an adventure tourer. Honda Transalp 650. I had this for a few months before I bought the Shadow. Tidy little bike but very under powered

I had a Kawasaki ZR 750S  for a few months a couple of years ago. A fun bike. Bought it for a real cheap price and made a good profit when I sold it. I wish they were all like this

2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras