News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What bikes do you wish you still owned?

Started by Tigertriple, April 18, 2011, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Ariel Golden Arrow 250cc two stroke twin, leading link forks, pressed steel frame with the tank under the seat (BMW did not invent everything and that includes the beak), urban legend has it that the original Yam RD 250 was modeled on that Ariel engine/box.

Wish I had known what a good bike it was at the time, but then I was 15 and didn't know sh1te, ahead of it's time in quite a few respects.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PompeyLad

My '62 Triton. It had/has? a pre-unit 650 engine with a close ratio Norton Dommie 88 Gearbox. 10.5:1 hepolites with an old 8 stud head, would blow head gaskets about once a month.  

Bonnie America from 2005. Sold it when I moved to Sweden STUPID! STUPID !!!!!

Both were all my own work.  [/img][/url]

MarkShelley

This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

NeilD

the one I really regret was my '72 Moto Guzzi.. put a lot of time effort and money into it, then swapped it for a le Mans as 'Id alwasy wanted one', then realised perhaps I didnt..  :roll:

jphish

Well, I'd post pics, but dont have any &...they'd all be black & white anyway. I miss 'em all, but list would be way too long. My First bike - 58' Tiger 110, My first NEW bike, 65' Honda 305 'scrambler',  68' Norton 750 Commando, and lastly, my 08' Uly. Things have come a long way since my carb'd, kick start, 4 spd, drum brake days. Loved their simplicity though.

KuzzinKenny

i traded a 197_ Bonnie for this piece O shit  :evil: what a mistake !!

http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/ga ... cial-2.jpg

the second worst bike i have ever had the misfortune to own  :(

the first place piece O crap is

http://www.motosolvang.com/images_new/l ... er_Cub.jpg

this bike was invented to be in bits, always !!  :x

i hated it !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

atokad

aeronca

My Hodaka Ace 100.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Spud

My speed triple N92XNU, sold due to kids needing my time  :cry:

cheers Spud  :wink:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"i traded a 197_ Bonnie for this piece O shit  :evil: what a mistake !!

http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/ga ... cial-2.jpg

the second worst bike i have ever had the misfortune to own  :(

the first place piece O crap is

http://www.motosolvang.com/images_new/l ... er_Cub.jpg

i hated it !!

KK

KK is that a Tiger Cub ? There not meant to run. I had one as a field bike when I was 14 and spent all my paper round money at Ross Motors on bits for it. The fooker never ran.

I was given a Suzuki TS 90 by one of my neighbours who had it lying around and not using it because it needed a throttle cable. Fitted a new cable and ratted it until it fell apart about a year later. When he gave me this bike it was like winning the lotto.   :lol: or at least that's how I think it felt.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

fraser ross

ross motors! theres a blast from the past  :)

Chris Canning

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"http://www.motosolvang.com/images_new/l ... er_Cub.jpg

i hated it !!

KK

Funny seeing that,when my brand new 885i Tiger went phut after 6 weeks,that was after it had already been into the dealer because they came on the phone screaming blue murder to stop riding it as all the internal engine bolts had been plated with the wrong stuff and was flaking off and blocking the oils way!!!.

I phone Triumph up direct, ,'Look here matey the first bike I ever bought was a Triumph(Cub) and it's taken me 30 bleedin years to pluck the courage up to buy another and 6 weeks to regret it  :evil: ,I get another new one and didn't trust that either,but then I bought a 955  :D

I don't wish I had any of e'm,although my old 750 blue H2 would be nice for my pension scheme,and when the day comes a nice YR3 turns up I'll put my hand in my pocket.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "fraser ross"ross motors! theres a blast from the past  :)

Exactly what I staff to myself when I saw KK's post.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "fraser ross"ross motors! theres a blast from the past  :)

Exactly what I staff to myself when I saw KK's post.

The stock phrase of Mr Ross was " I'll give you £2.00 for it" said in his thick Polish accent no matter what you wanted to sell him. You could have taken in a Gold Star engine and that would have been his top offer.

Sadly there's now a block of flats built on the site. Happy days  :lol:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

fraser ross

ground floor showroom polski fiat, prior to that the sausage factory, anyhow! bikes t120 1966,t140es royal wedding, moto guzi mk iv and prior to the tige,r daytona 1200 do i miss them na not really  :lol: ps tt mind the guy behind the counter called everyone chief  :roll: