News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What bikes do you wish you still owned?

Started by Tigertriple, April 18, 2011, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Quote from: "fraser ross"ground floor showroom polski fiat, prior to that the sausage factory, anyhow! bikes t120 1966,t140es royal wedding, moto guzi mk iv and prior to the tige,r daytona 1200 do i miss them na not really  :lol: ps tt mind the guy behind the counter called everyone chief  :roll:

Hi Fraser, I can't say I remember him but there was a wee guy called Robert that worked there who seemed to dislike old Mr Ross as he always gave us a better deal.

An old mate of mine was in Ross's good books and always got access to the best stuff. There should be a sign put up on the flats to commemorate this as being a site of historical biking significance. Much like the old Lugton Hotel :wink:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

fraser ross

thats him! mind you everyone hated mr ross me included  :D

Bakerboy

Fazer with a few mods

Bakerboy

GSX1400 not as good as I thought it would be

Sin_Tiger

I must have been one of the few in his good books, had a slight advantage in that I had a Polish Uncle who taught me a few words.

Sorry for the hijack, it is a nostalgia thread though  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NZDeano

Awesome looking at all your bikes. Funny how it's not all about the biggest, best, most expensive etc eh, but that thing that made you really enjoy it at a particular time of your life for what ever the reason.

My best memory of a bike was a Yamaha XT 550 back in 1983 purchased as brand new. It was the bike I did the most miles on, had the most fun on at a part of my life when I was free & breezin (if you know what I mean) At the time it did everything well, I lived up a steep winding road that climbed 1000ft in about 5km with 5 hairpins. I could really push myself & the bike to the limits. Good memories.
Best cool bike was a 1928 BSA Sloper that I restored. Sold it to a guy up the road, he still has it.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Moorso

Well, purely for sentimental value, my classic BMW R80/7.
First bike I ever owned (completely).

The thing sounded like a spitfire and was great.

But the Tiger is the best bike I've ever owned, and would much rather be riding her than the Beemer!!
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Chad

hmmm got to dig deep for some of these pics

CB100Big One  loverly bike but we didnt play well together she got me into all sorts of trouble :lol:

Suzi bandit 600 , only i cant leave things alone , TTS800 coversion deep brace arm WP suspenders and a full race micron :D yup we got into a lot of trouble too :lol:

thought maybe its time to slooow down a bit and this is where my love of giant triallie's began  my first africa twin she got a work over too

i even went through a hawg phase  :shock: and one day could be tempted by another but not a freakin shovel head it was a bastard nightmare , but really did go with a sense of theatre where ever we went

after this my First GS :D from this

to this

:D

then i had a mighty Varadero   :D

but after a while the call of the africa twin was strong again (MIND YOUR EYES ) :lol:

However after a couple of months i really missed the bigger bikes Firepower  and the wife made the fatal mistake of saying oh FFs just get the bike you want and be done with it :shock:

and along came the mighty KTM990ADV  oh how i loved it but i do big miles and the servicing and running costs were just a bit spitefull for me

so after 15 thousand miles in 11 months i let the KTM go and got a second GS but the ADV this time :D 40.000 trouble free miles in two years it broke my heart to let it go but last year i ruined my back at work , and she had to go to pay the mortgage whilst i was off work , oh the sweet joy of self employment  
 :roll:

so when the GSA went i was without a bike for about 8mnths wheni was fitish again a fellow member here Jaqueslemac needed a home for his 955 over the winter months and entrusted her to my care :D
 :D

a picture i posted here on one of my first rides , i loved it :D

and so it brings me to my latest acquisition that my beloved wife surprised me with earlier this year :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

if i honestly had the chance i would keep them all :D ,,, but truth be told my tiger cost £1800 and pound for pound is providing the best value for money motor cycling for me to date :friday  :headbang

sorry for rambling on :qgreenjumpers
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Chris Canning

In the last 10 years I've only bought,I don't sell e'm!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"In the last 10 years I've only bought,I don't sell e'm!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)  I can empathise with that, pity the wife doesn't see it the same way  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: "Moorso"Well, purely for sentimental value, my classic BMW R80/7.
First bike I ever owned (completely).

The thing sounded like a spitfire and was great.

But the Tiger is the best bike I've ever owned, and would much rather be riding her than the Beemer!!

I had a R100/7 it was great when it ran, that's when it actually ran. The exhausts glowed at night.  :oops:  cheers Spud  :wink:

BigDan

Some great bikes in there Chad!

I kinda miss my first big bike, a GPZ 500. It was £600, never needed any work doing on it, didn't even service the thing for 10,000 miles and it just ran and ran and ran.

An absolutely bullet proof bike. Loved it! It even had enough power to keep up with the big boys when road well :)

2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

Mrs BB had one of those a long time before she was Mrs BB.  She also had the 80s perm  and shoulderpads  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chad

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Mrs BB had one of those a long time before she was Mrs BB.  She also had the 80s perm  and shoulderpads  :lol:

oh crap ive got this image of Big Dan with an 80s perm and shoulder pads now :shock:
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

FoothillRyder

Well hell...

Okay, I don't actually wish I still had any of my early bikes; but the CB550/4 was pretty sweet (right up until it was stolen). But I do wish I still had my '04 Thruxton.

Had to downsize, so the Thrux had to go (along with all of my other bikes except for my '97 Trophy 3). I tried to replace it with a Scrambler; but sadly it just wasn't quite the same.  8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com